lights dimming without serious voltage drops?

I took that as, when his car is off his batteries are resting at 12.4 volts. Ive always thought it should be at least 12.5-12.9 resting...
actually i think the voltage should be at 12v- 12.5 when its OFF...

while idle it should read between 14.2- 14.4v

I guess 12.4 is ok. Any lower you need to charge or do a load test (for free at autozone or something). It should NOT be resting at 12-12.2, thats no bueno.

Optima's are crap. I had a Yellowtop in my last car, won't buy one again. Bought it new in August, fell to resting voltage of 12.2V by November. That's part of his current problem.

BUT, no one can really recommend what he should get, besides maybe new batteries, until he actually says what amps he's going to be using, and therefore what kind of draw he will be seeing. Blind guessing at this point. Need more info OP.

So again, what amps do you have and plan on getting? If you plan on getting decent sized amps, electrical is going to cost a lot, so you may want to rethink your amp decision.
Well I have a t2000 thought about two of those but I have a ln audiopipe 3000 and I think it sounds much better on the woofers than the t2000 honestly more power and better range of settings. So thought on another one plus they are cheap I had two once but I was a idiot and mad and in a hurry doing something and fried it.

Plus subs are w7s so the odd ohms favors the ap3000

Yeah every battery I've personally tested with it being out of the vehicle has rested at 12.4 and that's even after a full charge from the battery charger... And I have had both batteries tested to make sure everything was okay with them when I got em

How about start by setting the amp up right and make sure you have a good ground
I'm pretty sure my ground isn't ideal but I know its solid...its grounded to the battery and the battery is grounded to the floorboard sanded and bolted down very tight.

I mean I can get pretty loud like car alarms go off with it at 40 with zero drop but I got it set to go to like 58 before distortion and that's when the voltages will start to drop

58 before distortion??? what headunit is that? was it set with a dd1 or oscope to test distortion at the hu..seems high
It is high but I keep my bass on the hu at 0 or under amp is not even half way gain. Its a pioneer that is like 3 or 4 years old don't remember the model off hand it tops out at like 70 I think and I have this setting SLA I think is what it is though not sure exactly what it means or meant to do bit I turn that to about neg 2 which dulls everything down which allows me to turn it up high I think it sounds much better that way

Well I have a t2000 thought about two of those but I have a ln audiopipe 3000 and I think it sounds much better on the woofers than the t2000 honestly more power and better range of settings. So thought on another one plus they are cheap I had two once but I was a idiot and mad and in a hurry doing something and fried it.
Plus subs are w7s so the odd ohms favors the ap3000
I'm a bit buzzed, but this is really confusing to me. So are you currently running both those amps in the car? List what amps you are currently using, and which amps you plan on getting.

But 4 of either of those amps is going to require some substantial electrical. No wonder you're dropping to low voltages running 2. You're going to need HO alt, multiple runs of 1/0ga from front to back, big 3 done in 1/0ga, multiple batteries in the back. If you buy new, absolutely no less than $1200, but probably more like $1800 or so. If you buy all used, you might get away with ~$1000

I'm a bit buzzed, but this is really confusing to me. So are you currently running both those amps in the car? List what amps you are currently using, and which amps you plan on getting.
But 4 of either of those amps is going to require some substantial electrical. No wonder you're dropping to low voltages running 2. You're going to need HO alt, multiple runs of 1/0ga from front to back, big 3 done in 1/0ga, multiple batteries in the back. If you buy new, absolutely no less than $1200, but probably more like $1800 or so. If you buy all used, you might get away with ~$1000
Lol im only running one which is the ap3000 I've tried both at different times. But I have 4 w7s current set up only has 2 of them

Lol im only running one which is the ap3000 I've tried both at different times. But I have 4 w7s current set up only has 2 of them
Even running one, not surprised you're dropping down as low as you are. Not at all. What do you plan on running in the future?

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.