Stock head unit

Participant count
  • Participant list
You can either use a Line Out Converter with 2 or more sets of rcas or get another HU which would be the much better option. If you dont have premium sound like for ex: Shaker 500 on mustang then it would be a much better option to upgrade HU

I installed a LC2i in a friends car last weekend and was very impressed with it. Just bought one for my car as well

what goes through your factory system that you think you will loose? My wife has an amped factory Bose(should be Boss) system in her '03 G35. There is no sound or build quality left in the Bose name. You can spend a lot of money on gadgets to try to make your system sound better but you will never have as good of sound as an aftermarket unit. If you feel you need to keep your factory HU then just use a LOC that has the outputs you need and save yourself a lot of money. A lot of 4 channel amps will have sub amp outputs so all you really need is a 4 channel LOC or a couple of 2 channels. Put your money in your speakers they are about 80% of your system.

I also wanted to ask you what is a loc?
LOC(line out converter) is a device that converts your high level or HU amplified speaker wires to low level rca connections for an amplifier. A lot of amps don't need these anymore. High level inputs are getting more common every day so depending on the amp you may not even need then. Looks like you may be screwed on the HU choice. Pick some decent amps and speakers you will be satisfied. If you think you need better EQ adjustment I wouldn't spend much, the per dollar benefit would be better added to the speakers.

To kingstrocker I was planning on getting IDMAX12-D4 for my sub ( to use as a free air sub) and a image dynamics 1 channel 600watt amp to run it is this good stuff I've been out of running stereos in my cars for year so I really don't know what's good anymore ?

And to crossoverore as to the car it's a ctsv really like the car but the music coming for the hu *****

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.