Lights are flickering after HID install

plyer3
10+ year member

CarAudio.com Elite
The HID lights on my headlights are flickering after installing them. The socket and bulbs move with the engine on. I guess it's normal, but is there anyway to stop the flickering, i don't think tapes will help. Maybe get a new projector?

sounds like you are using your stock wiring, which isnt designed for the current pull at startup of HID. You need to build/buy a harness that uses one of the headlight plugs to activate a relay to draw power directly from the battery.

You need to go with digital ballasts...my first set of HID's would flicker. I went and got a relay, which would burn out after a few months. Someone suggested going with digital ballasts- 3 years later they work perfect with no problems.

sorry guys, caraudio never emailed me about the replies on this thread. anyway, i have tried everything already. went and got some relays for both my low and highs. that didn't work, then went to get some capacitors for the relays and that didn't work either. i don't think it's my wiring problem, i followed all the directions to set the hids up.

i think it's just the cheap brand so i went ahead and sold these. just bought some Philips 9006 for my accord, i'll see if that solves the problem when they arrive tomorrow or friday.

oh and about the digital ballasts, what are some good brands? got links to them?

Okay I had asked this in a post I had in the 1st Gen forum but no one has answered so Im going to see if I can get more help in this section. I just got Depo Projector lights and a 6000k HID kit. On the HID wiring there are two wires with tabs that are supposed to run and plug into to the stock harness. Since the Depo lights plug has it setup to run two separate bulbs one for high one for low beam should I clip the two wires running to the low beam and solder in the two wires with the tabs in their place?

Or am I completely off base on this?

Josh

you might want to make a new thread. my problem was getting a cheap hid kit. after getting a philips kit, the flickering was gone and everything worked perfectly without relays or any mods.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.