lexan

Slowboarder
10+ year member

hey i want to build a box for 2 10s in the back of my jeep wrangler behind the seat. The subs are going to face up towards the roof, not fire into the back hatch.. i want to put a piece of lexan 2-3 inches above the box with smaller ovals cut in it so mu subs cannobe lifted out through the ovals. Will this affect my sound???, will the ovals act like ports or will it make my setup bandpass???. the box that i will put the lexan over is sealed

K, I'm a little confused. You want to build a sealed box. With a plexiglass side so you can remove the subs? That would be a disaster....

- Steve

Wait, do you want to do that just so no one will steal your subs? Why don't you just tint your back window or something? Maybe one of the trunk covers too.

P.S.- Where on Long Island are you from? North Babylon here...

i believe that he is saying to build a sealed box, and then seperate of that put a peice of lexan over it so that noone could easily get to the box with ovals cut in the lexan. don't know for sure but I bet that would sound fairly bad. I would go with the tint and sound deading to no broadcast you have a system

I would leave the sides open if you can; between the subs and the lexan. Also make the opening(s) you cut out just smaller than the sub. Try to place the opening(s) so they leave as much open space as possible. How do you plan on fastening this to the box?

does your wrangler have removable backseats????

i have a friend that must made his box barley fit under the backseat(he had to remove the seat to put it in

when the seat is on there is no way that box will go anywhere

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

About this thread

Slowboarder

10+ year member
Slowboarder
Long ISland NY
Start date
Participants
Who Replied
Replies
Views
Last reply date
Last reply from