fiberglass ported

Participant count
  • Participant list

jjoven1225
10+ year member

CarAudio.com Elite
NJ
has anyone seen this?? i cant imagine someone having a fiberglass ported... would it break easier???

i have lexus is300, and want to fiberglass my trunk... i want to have a nice, clean setup.. so fiberglass sealed is the way to be... but i've been reading alot and ported box seems to be very good... so my question is.. is this posible to do?

if the whole box is being built out of fiberglass its going to be as strong as mdf or anything else, prob. a little stronger (if done right). Cutting a circle out of it wont weaken it anymore then it weakens mdf (which is neglagable).

agreed.....porting a fiberglass box is no worse than doing a sealed one.....so long as the fiberglass box is of suffecient thickness it should be as strong if not more strong than a box made of mdf....if your worried about it then u can always add some rope or bracing on the inside of the fiberglass box for support...peace

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.