Let's talk subloafers.

Hey, guys. I recently just picked up an '06 Grand Prix for a commuter. I've got a Taramps HD6500 collecting dust in the closet and an alternator coming in from Mike Singer in a couple days. That being said, I want to get the ball rolling on the low-end of my build. This will be a dual 12 setup unless someone convinces me otherwise for some ridiculous reason.
My overall goals are what I would call at 60/40 setup; 60% of my goal is sound quality, but **** do I want to get loud sometimes, too.

The trunk on the Pontiac is massive: I'll use it all if I have to. So, space not being a real issue, I have a two-part question I want to talk to you guys about today.

1. What subs would you recommend in this power range that'll perform in overall output,

and

2. Would you guys suggest sealing off the trunk or rearfiring the subwoofers?

I know it's a hot topic when it comes to trunk orientation, but I've received so many conflicting answers I'm not really sure what I should do.

Any help is seriously appreciated. Thanks!
they have a few woofers that offer low distortion and high displacement. my first choice would probably be something similar to the SD Z4 series but definitely not in 6 cubes the group-dealy is massive. might i add the Z is orginally built to be a small ported box woofer. 2 cubes tuned to 28-32 is idea for something that sounds great..

W7 or xcon and or the FI Q with the shorting ring.

might consider a few of the LMS drivers since you have the power. like the TC sounds LMS-r

TC Sounds LMS-R 12" DVC Subwoofer probaly the cleanest driver for under 500 bucks with great output potential. it would be cool to see a treo of those IMO.

other wise id just grab some w7s of some Zs or xcons..

Just about everyday I can't help but think people just don't have the mental capacity to function.First off you put a ratio on Sq and spl.

Second you have a high output alt and a taramp 6500 but you want more sq?

3 you seem dead set on 12s like they offer the best sound or lowest distortion then your cocky enough to dare someone to convince you otherwise like your going to disprove them?.

Go right ahead Keep On Keepin On you know what's best.
What the fuck crawled up your ***? I gave a ratio to show you guys what my desires were. Obviously, they're not real-world numbers, tangible in any way.

Yeah, I've got a high output alternator and an HD6500. Are you saying either of these things are harmful to sound quality?

12s are what work for me. Why? Because it's a fucking trunk. By far the easiest size of sub to use while keeping output in mind. Why the hell would I opt for a 15"+ when I want to fit more than one driver in the trunk? Likewise, why would I use 8s or 10s when output is a concern of mine? I wasn't daring anybody to do anything, but if someone had an idea I was missing, I wanted to hear about it.

I'm here asking you guys a question, yet I know what's best. Makes sense, bro.

Don't be a dick.

Why can't someone use a taramps for sound quality? Just because it can make 6500 don't mean you have to use it. I didn't read the rest of this **** show
No joke, all I wanted was a little input on what I could do to get a decent sounding setup and output when I wanted it.

What the fuck crawled up your ***? I gave a ratio to show you guys what my desires were. Obviously, they're not real-world numbers, tangible in any way.
Yeah, I've got a high output alternator and an HD6500. Are you saying either of these things are harmful to sound quality?

12s are what work for me. Why? Because it's a fucking trunk. By far the easiest size of sub to use while keeping output in mind. Why the hell would I opt for a 15"+ when I want to fit more than one driver in the trunk? Likewise, why would I use 8s or 10s when output is a concern of mine? I wasn't daring anybody to do anything, but if someone had an idea I was missing, I wanted to hear about it.

I'm here asking you guys a question, yet I know what's best. Makes sense, bro.

Don't be a dick.
2 12s dont always mean more output and nor does it mean they will give you the FR you want. the difference in lowend and output between 2 12s and 1 15 can be drastic ESP if you can afford two "decent 12s" vs one very well designed 15. 2 drivers are also two sorces which can be more impeding instead of increasing efficiency and output and SQ.

you cant give SQ and output a ratio. you ether want something that is built for low distortion or not.

as for a SPL , i imagine you want good output in a wide bandwidth? what exactly do you call a usable bandwidth? for me 28-70 is about idea for my sub systems.

sorry for being a **** but your been mislead and using those silly *** ratios and assuming one alignment is automatically better is simply foolish..

you want a-little input we dont know anything about what you really desire just some silly ration power input and electrical system for said power output.

you could have said some of my favorite music is Phil Collins i want the low-end drum line to sound realistic and beat my face in... at least i could related to that.

or i like lil boosie and i want it to sound very clean and POUND. other than that no-one can make a good recommendation besides a few drivers that suit some of your needs like low distortion..

btw you said trunk was huge and that space isn't a concern. if that is the case i recommend the larger driver unless the efficiency suffers on the larger driver. the less the driver moves the better off you are generally speaking..

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.