less rms more expensive?

romo330
10+ year member

i was lookin to get some mtx thunder 8500s.. and i knew that they were gunna be expensive.. but the question i have is if they are so expensive.. shouldnt they be able to handle more power than 500 rms??and if anyone knows of a good deal, im looking to get 2 12's for around 300-350$

The 8500s are nice subs indeed, but I don't buy into MTX's marketing BS.

If you want 2 nice 12's for under 350, I'd second the AudioQue SD2.5 12s. Nice subs at a nice price. If you can bump up your budget another $50, you could check out the Incriminator Audio Lethal Injections.

http://www.audioque.com for the AudioQue SD2.5s

http://www.soundsolutionsaudio.com for the Incriminator Audio Lethal Injections

edit: And you'll get better customer service with Audioque or Incriminator than you ever will with MTX. Their owners frequent this forum and answer questions themselves.

edit: And you'll get better customer service with Audioque or Incriminator than you ever will with MTX. Their owners frequent this forum and answer questions themselves.
It all depends on where you buy MTX from. If you buy them local at a shop you'd see that they are VERY good with customer service. Most shops that deal MTX will give you a brand new replacement if you blow a woofer. At least I know my local shop will.

Power handling is no indication of quality, sound, build or otherwise.
I was wondering if anyone was going to bring this point up.//content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/smile.gif.1ebc41e1811405b213edfc4622c41e27.gif

i was lookin to get some mtx thunder 8500s.. and i knew that they were gunna be expensive.. but the question i have is if they are so expensive.. shouldnt they be able to handle more power than 500 rms??and if anyone knows of a good deal, im looking to get 2 12's for around 300-350$
there is no correlation between rms and price and should not be looked at as a comparison

I'd find a deal online, any of the woofers mentioned will get loud and sound good. And as far as warranty goes most places offer site warranties and they'll fix or replace the woofer. Check out caraudio.com, techronics.com.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.