Left Speaker Noise - Amp Issue??

Participant count
  • Participant list

toy4x4

I am replacing the head unit in my truck. I have a JL Audio A4300 amp that has been rock solid with the previous head unit. When I turn on the truck and power up the amp and I get a whine from the left speaker. I don't have to start the truck for this to happen. If I swap the L-R speakers, obviously it goes to the right speaker. I do not have the RCA plugs from the head unit connected to the Amp.

Left channel Amp issue? Any ideas if fixable?

A little more info..

I replaced the power cable with a new 8 AWG run directly to the battery. I still get the whine when the amp powers up, but once it gets the radio input from the RCA cables, I now get music. So it is making noise until it gets a good input. Obviously it just keeps making noise if I have no input

Thoughts?

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.