Left front speaker working only intermittently

Participant count
  • Participant list

bdavies11
10+ year member

Senior VIP Member
Florida
So before I start tearing everything apart to find the problem. I thought I'd get a few suggestions from the experts to give me a starting point.

A few days ago I noticed that my left front door woofer and tweeter stopped playing. At first I thought maybe they were just blown because I did have it cranked the other day but then they decided to work again this morning and sounded fine. Just before I pulled in to work, they went out again. Seems to be working randomly. I'm assuming there's a loose connection somewhere. I'm hoping its not at the speaker because taking my door panels off are a pain. Where would you guys check first if you had a component speaker (both woofer and tweeter) that were randomly going in and out? RCA's? speaker wire? Amp?

A few suggestions on where to start would be great before I start ripping everything apart. Thanks.

Find the crossover and see if the connections are solid. Then the speaker connections.

If there amplified check there as well.

Id check whichever is easiest to get to first.

Well, I checked connections at the crossover and they are all solid. What's weird is that it seems like when I start the car, the left front woofer/tweeter combo will either work or not. If it works, it seems to stay working with no problems regardless of volume. If it doesn't work when I start the car, it just stays off. Right front speakers are fine.

Could this be a faulty crossover or maybe problem with the amp?

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.