LCS 12" SEALED? anyone seen enough specs to know if they'd do good sealed?

Participant count
  • Participant list

BOOMINGRANDPA
5,000+ posts

WOLFRAM FTW
NC
thinking of simplifing system as in not paying $200 for custom ported box.. also beside my techno bass cd's all i listen to is old rock.... 2 12's sealed should be good, was wondering if lcs would be good way to go?, 2 of them cost same or less than custom box and if i get 2 i would probably run a ap 1k to them so they'd be getting more than rated power in say 1.25 cf per sub box..

yeah that what i wanted to do (really i wanta do 1 15 but none of the boxes fit in trunk not paying $100 for custom sealed) i was just thinking go with lower end and i would be over powering a little instead of just having enough power with 1k.. even though about e 10's but really only be $20 less..

I swear if I could cut a circle I would but it would look like a square and a circle had a baby and I'd mess up 3 boards and never get it right..

you can always trace the circle of the port and drill 8+ big holes around it and cut with a jigsaw after that for an easy guide if you cant do a continuous jigsaw cut.
yeah thats be the only way.. but i just spent 2 hours cutting my port off of my box sealed port hole so sub have something like 2 cf, sealed don't sound great but when i used to have sealed subs i always had 2 so i think a 2nd 1 in smaller boxes with twice the power would sound good but i gotta get 2nd sub (or 2 new ones) + amp.. so for now i guess i'll get a bigger amp that puts out good power at 2 ohms and stick it in my new ported box 1.63 cf ad and if i want sealed later i just need another sub and dual 12 boxes are everywhere for $50.. how u feel about audiopipe 1500's they tested to do rated power (or more depending on which test u believe) $149 or less for the mini both have great reviews..

Id find one used. They do their job. You can find them from 80 to 120 used. Got my buddy's 1500.1 for 80. Its the best out of all the cheapo brand monoblocks wise imo. It doesnt do rated but its still okay power. Pay attention to certified numbers only in dyno vids. Dynamic should never be looked at.

Didn't think it was that difficult to follow a penciled line in any shape/form to cut with a jigsaw. A lot of us did that in the old days w/o use of that Jasper jig.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.