Installed sd3 10" from Sundown yards ale and sub pops with volume increase...

Ridinhi
5,000+ posts

CarAudio.com Veteran
Got a sd3 10" from the Sundown yards ale. Sub look new and sealed in box but, it is from the yardsale. Sub sounds fine at low volume but starts popping as I turn up the volume. Does it sound like it's a coil issue? Not clipping the sub at all. Amp settings are the same from when I ran the Massive audio summo 6.5's as well as the Alpine type R 8".

Ive found an air gap/ corner joint not sealed one time that caused this issue before.Might check to see if the sub is sealed around the opening as well(maybe a gap there will do it also)Yet, could very well be the sub??I wouldnt waste my time on that Yard sale stuff..Got be a reason why they call it Yard Sale???

Hey now....that's where I got my second x15 from. Nothing wrong with it mechanically. Cosmetically, has a **** ton of excess glue around the spider.

Yardsales are simply quality fails. It says right at the beginning. It could be something small like a scratch or a coil tick, excess glue around soft parts, no dustcap, etc. Jacob has said it time and time again, that he's very **** when it comes to his products. He pulled everything from overseas to in house because he feels very strongly about the care and quality of his products. Overseas, there's no quality control to look after. Here at home, he can walk across the room and check things out.

going to check to see if the sub is sealed/mounted well. I did have to make a spacer because one side of the sub stuck out about 1/2". (box is wedge style behind seat of truck). hoping maybe this could be the problem.

Dust cap seems to be fine

Got a chance to take the box out of my truck and removed the sub. Both coils are reading around like 2.5 and 2.7ohms. I hear nothing when pushing on the coil. Could it still be a coil issue? Im going to have my buddy come over and put the sub in his box and see if it makes that noise. Trying to see if its the spacer I made for my box that's causing the popping sound

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.