laughed so much what my friend did last week. Check this out.

s1ctech
10+ year member

Audio keeed
Boston
ok. so yeah, My friend is a noob at car audio but he is like beginner status. Anyway he has Kicker VRs being pushed by a 450w Infinity amp. So the other day he wanted to surprize me and do something funny (little did he know it really doesnt matter but I can't up anyway)

He took his sub box and put the port through facing the arm rest for the back seat and he puts it down when he drives thinking he gets more bass with the port pushing air into the car. hahahha. //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/biggrin.gif.d71a5d36fcbab170f2364c9f2e3946cb.gif

I could stop laughing but I didn't want to ruin his little spirit over something so awesomly funny so I just kept with it.

Any of your friends do silly things to think they get more bass?

But it isnt louder. Especally for 300w rms. I mean seriously. Why do you think subs are louder when the trunk is closed.

But it isnt louder. Especally for 300w rms. I mean seriously. Why do you think subs are louder when the trunk is closed.
Why do you think subs are louder when the trunk is closed?

First off, you have Infinity speakers, so your knowledge base is fairly limited. (Yes, I'm biased against anything Infinity.) Second, any type of gap opening between the trunk and cabin of the car is beneficial. And watts don't have anything to do with getting louder from different types of installs. Also, last I checked, subs are louder when the trunk is closed so the SPL is kept within the car, not floating around mid air. But, hatchbacks are just about always louder than a trunk setup, hinting because the pressure doesn't have foam, or metal from the structure to go through.

Edit*, Pioneer, I got you covered. No good way to explain a false statement.

They are louder when the trunk is closed because the rear wave and forward wave are closer to being in phase(if port is facing backward). Allowing the pressure to more easily enter the cabin usually does gain a little bit in a sedan.

Next time, before you put someone down to look cool, make sure you're right.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.