Last One, 12"audiobahn flame or RF HX2

ViCk-BuMp
10+ year member

Senior VIP Member
I've been looking at the prices of this 2 subs, and the RF Power HX2 is more expensive than the Audiobahn AW1208Q 12" Flame Compression, I just wonde which of this 2 will bump harder? and why if the Audiobahn has more Watts(1500rms) than the HX2(1000rms) is less expensive? If you guy were to buy one of this 2, which sub would you get? and why?

well i had exprience with the power hx2 12, and all i have to say is, poooo poooo

i thought it had very poor quality in tthe way it was built....i dont kno about audiobahn, but i believe pretty much n e other brand is built better.....i haven't heard the audiobahn, but i would go for that one, and it looks alot better, and the rf is more money, simple because its a ROCKFORD....correct me if i'm wrong...

sspider

anytime i see audiobahn in the topic, i gotta reply //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/smile.gif.1ebc41e1811405b213edfc4622c41e27.gif

get the freakin bahn!

they're both capable spl woofers, and as far as the power handling is concerned the bahn will take a bit more than 1500w. I'd say it's a lot closer to 2kw, maybe more under the right conditions. I installed one 1508Q in a ford focus and it's been running off two 800w cadence amps in a 4 cubic foot box with no problem for almost two months now. With fosgate, you're paying for the name, plain and simple.

Originally posted by ViCk-BuMp I've been looking at the prices of this 2 subs, and the RF Power HX2 is more expensive than the Audiobahn AW1208Q 12" Flame Compression, I just wonde which of this 2 will bump harder? and why if the Audiobahn has more Watts(1500rms) than the HX2(1000rms) is less expensive? If you guy were to buy one of this 2, which sub would you get? and why?
both have decent SPL.. and both have horrid SQ.

Rockford=more SQ

Bahn=more SPL (extremely farty bass)

Originally posted by DiamondAudioFan both have decent SPL.. and both have horrid SQ.

Rockford=more SQ

Bahn=more SPL (extremely farty bass)
hahahahh, farty basss //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/biggrin.gif.d71a5d36fcbab170f2364c9f2e3946cb.gif

DiamondAudioFan: I bet you've never even seen a 1508, let alone heard one //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/smile.gif.1ebc41e1811405b213edfc4622c41e27.gif

i seriously hate to have to do this but i have to go with audiobahn on this one. as much as i used to love RF products i have to say they don't give a rat's anus about customer's anymore. there amps arent' even quality built in my opinion anymore let alone the customer service they offer isn't too great anymore. anyway, i know loneranger will have his jaw hit the floor right about now reading this post b/c i always argue with him about audiocrap:D. anyway if you ahve to choose between those 2 take the bahn have a pretty woofer that is %90 SPL but in my opinion 100 times better than RF.

adam

Have not heard the Bahn, but again would have to agree with everyone else here. RF bites major donkey ballz and only has a name due to good marketing and paying Mark Fakuda an ass ton of money as well as supplying him with an ass ton of equipment to make a world record vehicle. They have not been able to think about touching the new records and if I recall used to claim that 170 was unobtainable. LOL Anyways back to the point. Rockford is worthless in any way shape and form, but that i smy personal opinion. LOL

whats the price of the flame woofer your lookin at??? I can jsut about bet you can get a bettert woofer for the price of it you would be more happy with. IF your new to car audio, you will find that there are rather small compainies that offer outstanding products for around the same price as the big names do, that will USUALLY out perform them.

Common names brands JL, Rockford, MTX, Audiobahn..blah blah blah

Less known brands Resonant Engineering RE, Digital designs DD, Elemental designs, Blueprint, Beyound Audio

Originally posted by blackgeltabs Less known brands Resonant Engineering RE, Digital designs DD, Elemental designs, Blueprint, Beyound Audio

What do you think of the Beyond Audio subs? Where can i find them? how much are they?

Common names brands JL, Rockford, MTX, Audiobahn..blah blah blah

That right there is funny...common names. Audiobahn is now only considered common because of crutchfield.

I would not buy either of those stupid subs. The flame subs are for looks. I would go with The Alum series and if you are buying from crutchfield prepare to be raped in price compared to ebay.

I would go with the Alum Series.

Seeya

Rockford does blow, and I never liked any of there stuff at any point in time.

Originally posted by awt_daway2b Common names brands JL, Rockford, MTX, Audiobahn..blah blah blah

That right there is funny...common names. Audiobahn is now only considered common because of crutchfield.
I have known about Audiobahn for years now, they are quite common and no crutchfield dident do that //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/biggrin.gif.d71a5d36fcbab170f2364c9f2e3946cb.gif, JL is not in crutchfield but they are common. When I say common I just mean mainstream names that charge alot for a decent-good product becasue the common person dosent know about smller end compaines unless he comes to a place like this and asks around:p

yeah i don't think cruthfield makes a company popular especially like audiobahn which is stuff i had heard about since i started getting into car audio. anyway yeah i hadn't heard of a juggy or a DD sub before i came on here and now i own 2 DD's:D. flat ass broke so they are in my closet not my car but still.

adam

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.