largest diameter sub motor that has been made?

Clarion's 32 inch sub didn't have a big magnet at all, I don't have a picture of it though.

Clarion32C.jpg

ElectroVoice made a 30 inch sub back in the day, again the magnet isn't really that big.

EV30w1.jpg

EV30w4.jpg

EV30w2.jpg

Audiobahn's 34 inch sub was more for show than anything else but it had a I think 630oz magnet?

Audiobahns34inchsub1.jpg

Audiobahns34inchsub2.jpg

Here's that MTX 60 inch woofer

MTXDaBOMB60inch.jpg

the funny thing with the audiobling is when they went under all of a sudden cadence had a handfull of the exact 34 but with there tag on it hmmmm.

any woofer over 18" is a really low freq driver, dont try and burp at 60hz,lol.

the funny thing with the audiobling is when they went under all of a sudden cadence had a handfull of the exact 34 but with there tag on it hmmmm.any woofer over 18" is a really low freq driver, dont try and burp at 60hz,lol.
atomic's 24" E.L.E. recommended enclosure tuning is rated 55Hz-65Hz for SPL... //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/confused.gif.e820e0216602db4765798ac39d28caa9.gif

atomic's 24" E.L.E. recommended enclosure tuning is rated 55Hz-65Hz for SPL... //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/confused.gif.e820e0216602db4765798ac39d28caa9.gif
Trying to explain to noobs that cone area and hfe have almost nothing to do with each other isnt' worth your time lol. I've seen 18" midranges... If we are talking pure subwoofer duty there are TONS of good woofers that are 18inches that will have no problems at all up to at least several hundred hz. Most modern 18's with shorting rings (not common car audio junk) can easily extend up to 1k, regardless of cone size. HFE is mostly a byproduct of the motor and coil, inductance, not the soft parts like the cone or suspension.

large cones with high power flex and fold i have seen this. the ele isnt a high powered sub. do they make a apxx 24" that would be a spl sub. large diameter subs are best for low frequencys.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.