Large sub setup

Participant count
  • Participant list
The back of the seat has some really thin fabric I’m guessing so you don’t see the foam and frame for the seat. I could cut that out also so it wouldn’t touch. 

If I went with a ported I’d have to go with the 12W6’s because of the airspace. I’ve had 3 12W6’s in a ported box before and I was hoping to get something louder this time 

If I went with a ported I’d have to go with the 12W6’s because of the airspace. I’ve had 3 12W6’s in a ported box before and I was hoping to get something louder this time 
You after louder?

Or lower/louder?

Its all in the enclosure.... sealed is a good way to waste power trying to get loud imo

I guess lower/louder. The 3 12W6s you could feel in your chest and the other setups I had were just loud for your ears. I don’t really know how to explain it 

Typically sealed hits those upper freqs hard then rolls-off... different subs get low better than others as well. Are you looking for that 35 and under flex-type bass? Or punchy and loud?.. I only ask because you stated rap and SPL... usually a slightly higher tuned ported box would fill that bill. If your definition of loud is not rap/metering but low and loud then personally I feel that sealed is not the way to go.

I'd focus on decent subs, that will work well in your airspace and design a ported that'll fit your taste in music.

Were the 12w6's those old-school ones?.. they were something back then if that's what you're referring to.

The 12w6s I bought in 2015 I think. I like flex type bass. Do you think 2 12W6’s in a ported box would be louder than 5 10W6’s or 2 12W7’s sealed?

Wow... you are stuck on JL huh?.. decent subs for sure but with a price.

Stuffing a buncha subs into a sealed wont do well getting low imo. You ought to demo someones vehicle with even a pair of sa-10's ported done right. I only say 10's cause the airspace you said that you got available sounds about right for a pair of 10's to get low and loud well. 

Xfl's, Sa's and many others will match-up well on your power. Dont get me wrong... JL makes good stuff but it surely comes with a price... if that dont bother you or your local shop is JL oriented... hey go for it its good stuff. 

I  guess I'm always trying to save a few bux myself. 

Yes... a pair of 10's ported on 2k should get decently loud and low. 

2-12's probably will need 3.5-5ft3 net to work well. I feel manufacturers list smallish airspace just to sell their products and even tho it'll work... it'll be less than optimum. 

My .02

So basically you'd like it fairly low and loud on 2k?

What's the forum boner nowadays for good sound in a 10 I wonder on 2K?

I dunno

Last edited by a moderator:
Well I don’t have any amps yet so basically I’m looking for lowest and loudest that can work in a 2.75 cu. ft. box 

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.