Large hole grommets

Participant count
  • Participant list
good answer
Lol alright, question about drilling the holes... If I drill a hole through an upper part of the firewall will the wire feed down nicely behind the dash or is it kinda guesswork? I have no idea what it looks like behind the dash of a car. Currently to run my power wire I have to get my car on ramps and get in underneath the engine to get to the grommet. It feeds out behind the brake booster.

You gotta plan that out dont just drill and hope because you will drill into something you dont want to , usually you can driill on passenger side easier cuz there is more room and less things mounted in the way . What kind of vehical ?

2001 Lincoln Continental. Both my front and rear batteries are on the drivers side so that really isn't an option. I guess I'm just gonna stick with running the wires where the power already is.

can you run them under the car and make your hole in the trunk area ? prob alot more places with easier accesses back there and in that car i dont think there is any room to drill on driver side but you could try pass side just use a longer power wire ?

I have room to drill more where I have my current wire which is down behind the pedals, hence why it comes out by the brake booster cylinder. It's just suuuuch a pain to get to it... I haven't looked if I could run them under the car but I doubt it plus Wisconsin winters are hard on the underbodies of cars, I doubt it would be very easy on the wires. I'll probably run the wires under the carpet down the middle of the car next to the hump thing for what I assume is the exhaust pipes.

Don't try to run 6 1/0 gauge wires on the inside of your car. Run them underneath and drill through the trunk like stated above.

just be carefull drilling in that area easy to hit brake lines and electronics , drill a small hole first an stick a wire through to see where you are at . Good luck

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.