Large 4th Order Wall

Participant count
  • Participant list

LetMyBeatPound

CarAudio.com Exclusive
I have decided to build a large 4th order wall in my caravan. Mainly for demos, possibly run a few local SPL events. I am wondering what resources are out there website and/or programs to help in the process.

I know of the WinISD program, I have to get that. Wondering is there any other programs or sites with formulas and stuff. If anyone has experience and would like to help me along the way I would love that. I've built several boxes since a few guys from this forum helped me with my last box, and I believe I'm ready to tackle a 4th. I'm thinking 1:2.7 to 1:3 ratio C-pillar 4th will accomplish what I want.

Really, all I'm looking for is to be pointed in the direction of where I can learn what I need to design this build. Ill probably be in and out of these forums over the next few months as I plan and start this project.

Thanks in advance.

Bass box pro is the software you should be using.

The bigger the ratio on the ported side, the louder but more narrow the response curve would be. Most demo vehicles seem to be around 1:1 to 1:2 sealed to ported ratios.

Thx, I was thinking 1:2.4(about) at 8:18.5 or should I stick to Sundowns recommended size for the ported section?

It will be a trial and error process, start with their recommended port area but you will also have to consider physical limitations in the vehicle. Youre better off having a larger port to shrink than starting too small and having to go bigger.
Yea I had seen some build videos where they had a few different port inserts. I thought that was a cool idea if it could be done without making things too complicated. I'll probably just make one, and worry about that kinda thing for 2nd or 3rd try. Probably after I find 2 more 18s. Thanks for the advice.
What did you mean by physical limitations of the vehicle? Like space wise?

Yea I had seen some build videos where they had a few different port inserts. I thought that was a cool idea if it could be done without making things too complicated. I'll probably just make one, and worry about that kinda thing for 2nd or 3rd try. Probably after I find 2 more 18s. Thanks for the advice.
What did you mean by physical limitations of the vehicle? Like space wise?

Physical limitations as in width and height of the baffle panel you are using aka can you fit as big of a port as you need to achieve the desired tuning.

Sometimes you benefit from being limited on port opening cuz it will raise air velocity and hair trick easier which can be a goal for a demo vehicle.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.