Lanzar Opti700x2 vs Sundown 200.4

orangecounty1
10+ year member

CarAudio.com Veteran
Tampa, FL
I know off the bat that the Sundown is clearly better.

But I've heard Lanzar's Opti line is pretty good too.

yes, the sundown is 4ch and stable to 1 ohm per ch, but i just need a big 2ch (x2 @ 2 ohm), which the lanzar is rated 950 rms x 2 @ 2 ohm. the sundown is rated (real power) at about the same or maybe more (jake said close to 1k i believe) x 2 @ 2 ohm bridged.

the lanzar is $327+ shipping, i think i paid 340ish shipped (i already bought it, before i even realized the sundown was available).

the sundown, im not going to say the price that jake gave me becuase it is team pricing, but its more than the lanzar, but again, we all know its clearly a quality amp.

thing is, i'd need 2 of either amp for my mids setup (16 mids, about 230w each from the lanzar, prally more like 250w a piece from the sundown)

i also like all matching amps....and i'd rather run sundown sub amps. but IF i end up keeping the lanzar and buying a 2nd one, ill just run one on each side of my wall behind the rear doors, and then run sundown sub amps on the back of the wall.

what do you guys think? if i hadn't bought the lanzar already, i'd prally have just spent extra and went with the sundown 200.4. but im going to loose out just from flipping the lanzar (still brand new) then after shipping, its gonna be even more of a loss, becuase the box is HUGE, and its heavy. it does look like a nice amp though. guts look nice too. the sundown has a way better xover, but i really don't need it since i cross my mids over from my 880 already.

heres a pic of just how big the box is compared to my crescendo 4ch

IMAG0206.jpg

IMAG0207.jpg

heres a guts pic of the lanzar:

IMAG0210.jpg

and heres a pic of the sundown guts:

CIMG4039.JPG

CIMG4040.JPG

i mean i can always just use it and buy the sundown later on. i plan on running sundown class d amps, and a 100.4 on my tweets, so i just have to get 2 200.4's eventually. the lanzar should work fine though.

If possible give us a review on the lanzer. If it does what it says it will do then I might be interested in one myself.
I will for sure. I deffinently want to clamp it to see what real world power it puts out at the load i need it to be at. Gmonk has one too, but he hasn't installed it yet in his truck. im still waiting for mine. the site actually sent me a used/RMA'd amp, it had scratches on it and stuff, so i sent it back, and they appologized and are sending me a brand new one (which is what i ordered). so im still waiting on mine, i never hooked up the first one.

I will for sure. I deffinently want to clamp it to see what real world power it puts out at the load i need it to be at. Gmonk has one too, but he hasn't installed it yet in his truck. im still waiting for mine. the site actually sent me a used/RMA'd amp, it had scratches on it and stuff, so i sent it back, and they appologized and are sending me a brand new one (which is what i ordered). so im still waiting on mine, i never hooked up the first one.
Thx.. Atleast they are going to do the right thing and send you what you paid for.

haha yea. i took a chance ordering from a site i never have, but had good customer reviews. They RMA'd the amp without questions //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/smile.gif.1ebc41e1811405b213edfc4622c41e27.gif

plan was to run 2 of these, a smaller opti 4ch on my tweets, and opti's for the subs as well. but upon looking around, opti class d amps seem to be pretty expensive for the power you get, or am i just looking in the wrong places? id like all my amps to match. but if not, i will just run some sundown 3k-4.5kd's for the subs

you guys will never believe this. in a way im kinda happy with the outcome.

UPS delivered the replacement lanzar last night.

THEY SENT ME THE SAME AMP BACK!!!!!!!!!!!

so luckily i called the site like 10 minutes before they closed, and they apologized, and this time around they're going to refund me in full, including shipping for the first time around, and they sent me a UPS prepaid label to send this 2nd one back.

they said they tested the amp and it worked, but thats not why i sent it back. i sent it back becuase it looked used. they said it was the only one in stock and thats why they sent it back to me after confirming it worked...

since they're refunding me, im just going to spend a little extra and get the sundown 200.4.

never order from crispdeals.com!!! lol

although they have answered the phone promptly, and instantly emailed me the pre paid UPS label, etc, they should have notified me first before sending the same amp back if thats the only one they had in stock, and this 2nd issue wouldn't have occurred.

oh well, ill be happy no doubt with the sundown.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.