Lanzar Opti 700x2 Amp Dyno

In reality I'll probably never use this amp again personally but the Nostalgia alone almost makes me want to find a place for it in my new build maybe on midbass Duty or something like that but it is so current hungry and outdated compared to newer amps I know it's not worth it
I still run my 20 year old amps, and try to as much as often.Really enjoy my old Autotek White Mean Machines(approx 15 left),and BTS Bass Thrust Series(approx 12 left) the most..Have a few HiFonic VII, and VIII series left(approx 8 or ten)..a coupe of USA US Acoustics Series II 2150s( a pair out of about 20-35 on a collection) 1- USX 800-F left..I have two of those Cross Fire TEK 100.2 left, twoPPI Version Special Editions A2050 and A2075,2-P2050,and P2075,1 JBL GTQ 400 left out of 6,1-JBL GTS 600 left out of 2,1 MTX Blue Thunder Pro 75.2 left( had a massive collection of those at one time),Clarion 50x2,One Audio Gods 75x2 left,Alpine 3525(2 left out of 4) ,3522(4 left out of 8), 3527(1 left out of 2)2-3523s left, 1- 3540 left out of 4..I think I still have 1-3513s out of a pair..2- Concord 20.2 left, had 4-50.2s,1-Audiobahn HCT 4125 left out of 3..1-Mmats D300HC white and Mint,1-S. Stream USA 204 left out of 3,1- S.Stream SA-80 left.( had a pretty massive collection of 300s,500, 60s,ect).My oldest and still clean as hell and my first Autotek is an A-182 and still woks great.Not to mention some older x-overs, and Eqs.and subs and speakers.I still run the hell out of whatever I have when I get tired of running certain amps.I still have quite a few newer amps also, but seem to go back to the older ones for some reason.Ive always said.. run what you have..or what you can afford..as you can always uprade later.

I'm definitely going to use two of the amps I pictured for my mids and highs probably start out with the punch 700x in the crossfire Tek 35.4 eventually want to try out the COBOL as it's one of the older made in USA models and I heard their killer amps if I do use the Lancer it would definitely be on some beefy midbass Duty that amp is capable of some serious power never had it bench test but if I had to guess I would say put out probably somewhere close to 1,500 Watts clean

---------- Post added at 10:54 PM ---------- Previous post was at 10:53 PM ----------

Oh and by the way that is one hell of a collection you got going on definitely some top-of-the-line ogs the stuff Legends are made of

Ill see if I can get some Pics up again soon. I used to have several pics on here when I had well over 140 amps sitting..Not sure why Im not able to post pics ATM.That Elemental Designs Nine -5 that B. Blank tested out that Booming Tahoe has was one of my old amps also. I still have a Nine-1 left out of a pair that needs a solder joint done on the board..My Nine -2 is pretty much garbage but could be repaired surely.I always wanted one of those S.Stream Human Reigns, or a pair of those Tranch. Never foot the bill for either

I still run my 20 year old amps, and try to as much as often.Really enjoy my old Autotek White Mean Machines(approx 15 left),and BTS Bass Thrust Series(approx 12 left) the most..Have a few HiFonic VII, and VIII series left(approx 8 or ten)..a coupe of USA US Acoustics Series II 2150s( a pair out of about 20-35 on a collection) 1- USX 800-F left..I have two of those Cross Fire TEK 100.2 left, twoPPI Version Special Editions A2050 and A2075,2-P2050,and P2075,1 JBL GTQ 400 left out of 6,1-JBL GTS 600 left out of 2,1 MTX Blue Thunder Pro 75.2 left( had a massive collection of those at one time),Clarion 50x2,One Audio Gods 75x2 left,Alpine 3525(2 left out of 4) ,3522(4 left out of 8), 3527(1 left out of 2)2-3523s left, 1- 3540 left out of 4..I think I still have 1-3513s out of a pair..2- Concord 20.2 left, had 4-50.2s,1-Audiobahn HCT 4125 left out of 3..1-Mmats D300HC white and Mint,1-S. Stream USA 204 left out of 3,1- S.Stream SA-80 left.( had a pretty massive collection of 300s,500, 60s,ect).My oldest and still clean as hell and my first Autotek is an A-182 and still woks great.Not to mention some older x-overs, and Eqs.and subs and speakers.I still run the hell out of whatever I have when I get tired of running certain amps.I still have quite a few newer amps also, but seem to go back to the older ones for some reason.Ive always said.. run what you have..or what you can afford..as you can always uprade later.
Would you happen to have a ED Nine.5?! Oh wait...n/m :p

My very 1st real amp was a Hifonics Odin series, light blue color, finned heatsink version. That was in 1992 I think.....looooong time ago.

Ill see if I can get some Pics up again soon. I used to have several pics on here when I had well over 140 amps sitting..Not sure why Im not able to post pics ATM.That Elemental Designs Nine -5 that B. Blank tested out that Booming Tahoe has was one of my old amps also. I still have a Nine-1 left out of a pair that needs a solder joint done on the board..My Nine -2 is pretty much garbage but could be repaired surely.I always wanted one of those S.Stream Human Reigns, or a pair of those Tranch. Never foot the bill for either

Seen that Human Reign go for 3500 asking price around my state. Too much imo. Also....that Human Reign "amp cover" I'm willing to bet SS got the idea from the Star Wars movie when Han Solo was molded in that big block of whatever it was in the 2nd movie, I think it was....

My very 1st real amp was a Hifonics Odin series, light blue color, finned heatsink version. That was in 1992 I think.....looooong time ago.
LOL..Nice..I still have a VII Gemeni left,a Vulcan, and Hurcules..VIII a white Pluto and two blueish Cylops. Great amps and still look and function very well

Seen that Human Reign go for 3500 asking price around my state. Too much imo. Also....that Human Reign "amp cover" I'm willing to bet SS got the idea from the Star Wars movie when Han Solo was molded in that big block of whatever it was in the 2nd movie, I think it was....
Never could afford either.. I settled for two Autotek BTS 7600s that I should have never sold.Still got a pair of 7300s, 4-7150s, like 6-7050s left and that 7204 though.Ya those S.Streams were like either settling for a god used car or truck at that time, or walking..lol..Hmm $3500 good grief man

That Nine-5 is a really great amp. I hope you get it hooked up and all tuned well

That Nine-5 is a really great amp. I hope you get it hooked up and all tuned well
In do time....once the weather changes and get more sunshine/warmer weather is when I will begin the deconstruction and re-build process.

Not exactly sure when it was made but I will throw up some pics real quick maybe somebody on here can let me know is definitely old school though what was the first amp that was over a thousand Watts I ever owned she's a little Dusty hasn't been used for a long time
That's not a 500.2. The 100.2, 100.4, 200.2, 500.2, 1000.1D were Zed/Mantz designs from ~99-01, after the Sound Around buyout. They are silver/brushed aluminum.

The opti500 was designed and built in house at Lanzar. The blue-gray ones are old. No later than ~97. My brother had Opti50's and Opti100's just like that when I was a jr. in HS -- like '92-93.

When I opened it up to take those pictures I found a sticker inside dated December 31st 1999 could have been sent in to be serviced or something on that day I am not sure like I said I really don't know when it was made it was given to me because the guy who had it thought it was blown and I let it set for ever thinking it was normal Lancer crab until I needed an amp really bad one day and I hooked it up and it was okay but didn't really shine until I threw in a couple extra batteries and then I knew that it was really something took it to a local audio shop and they were freaking out on it the older guys anyways they said that when those amps first came out they used to weld pop cans together to with them to show people how tough they were and make sales whenever it is from and whoever designed it it is definitely a beast of an a b class amp

And if you’re not interested in the Rockford Fosgate amps and link I also have something that is about the rarest of the rare I have a old school petras QS-1 I had the MrQ also but sold it a few years back

ADB0E6A3-791F-4155-A7A9-298EEA76A37A.png

A2E73A85-6FA9-40C8-9C95-A15E7D6F1691.jpeg

Last edited by a moderator:
Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.