Lacking mid bass on sub, please help???

Participant count
  • Participant list

TMills

I just set the gain by ear on my amp but im missing alot of mids in songs (using a 40Hz tone i listened for clipping) . i had bass boost down all the way down and low pass all the way up to 200Hz to check for issues when tuning. I have a JL audio JX500/1D amp and JL CP112-W0v3. I have a KWR 710 head unit has a weird way of categorizing mids. mids start at 1Khz on the HU. im not sure why the mids are being held back alot? should i tune the sub with a 70Hz or 80Hz tone. Bass on HU (-6 to +6 levels) and i had it set to -4 because im still running stock speakers. i had mids on +2 because it just was a lil louder and treble which are pretty much useless because they start at 10Khz i have that set to +1. with those settings i can get the HU up to 35 volume and it has a max of 50. theres also a Sub setting on the HU (-8 to +8) which is at +8. i tried to keep it at 0 but it will not bump for kicks then. im super confused. right not i can only hear kicks but basslines arent coming in. What should i do? Put Gain down, bass boot up? //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/crap.gif.7f4dd41e3e9b23fbd170a1ee6f65cecc.gif

Why are you trying to get mid bass out of a sub?

Not saying you cant, but you really are trying to push your sub as its mainly meant to do low frequencies

Sent from my Z970 using Tapatalk

I guess you could say they aren't technically mids but I can hear 40-55 hz crystal clear and "loud" but when a track seems to get around a 60-100hz bass it really seems non existent.

you need to make sure your mids are crossed at 100hz-3khz or so... without that its going to be lacking A LOT. another reason why youd have great bass at 40-55hz is because that's where the bass boost is at, turn it all the way off and leave it there. with your gain set properly you should still get a slight roll off up to 100hz but not like you're explaining is occurring.

Ok so basically start at HU and play 40Hz on speakers to see where I hear distortion. Then back down. That is the max volume I can have my speakers at. Should I have sub setting on head unit zeroed out? I wanna leave room to adjust it if songs come on with light bass or heavy bass I could turn it up or down +2 or -2 . Then reset the gain on amp using a 40hz tone. Bass boost @ 0. LPF @ around 100Hz?? What if it feels too bassy can I adjust mids from head unit? I think I see what's the issue the head unit just has a crazy gap in sounds.

Nope no HPF my gf bought me the HU so I can't be mad she didn't look into that. Should I leave the subwoofer setting on the HU at 0 too or +8 to overpower the speakers or it really doesn't matter?

hmm so its a kwr 710? dunno what that is but check the manual for a high pass filter. if not, get an inline active crossover. they go for like 30$ on amazon

Leave the mid low pass at 125hz and change the sub low pass to 80hz.

Also remove all bass boost. As far as your subwoofer setting set it to your listening level and turn it up until you hear clipping.

You should set that to +8 and really reset your gains on the amp.

Are your door speakers connected to the headunit or on crossovers?

Sent from my Z970 using Tapatalk

ok i probably wont get any crossovers because i didnt do my install and i dont wanna pull my dash out again.

but yeah the speaker connected to the head unit.

how can i find out what the max volume can be played on the car speakers? is it the same way as tuning the sub by paying the 40hz tone?

heres a layout of the pro eq settings on the HU

BASS Frequency: 60/ 80/ 100/ 200 Hz Default: (80 Hz)

Level: -06 to +06 (00)

Q: Q1.0/ Q1.25/ Q1.51/ Q2.0 (Q1.0)

MIDDLE Frequency: 0.5/ 1.0/ 1.5/ 2.5 kHz Default: (1.0 kHz)

Q: Q0.75/ Q1.0/ Q1.25 (01.25)

TREBLE Frequency: 10.0/ 12.5/ 15.0/ 17.5 kHz Default: (10.0 kHz)

Q: Q FIX (QFix)

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.