L7 Problems :(

Participant count
  • Participant list

Captain_Ahab
5,000+ posts

BUCK FAMA
Da Dirty Souf
Last Wednesday morning my sub didnt work on my way to school.. It was the coldest morning my system had seen (32 degrees), and I assumed it was my amp.. Ever since then my sub has been cutting in and out.. Today I took it to my local audio store and we discovered my 15" L7 has suffered a broken tinsel lead on one of the voice coil hookups.. It looked as if the solder had just came undone.. The bad thing is my warranty is out today also! I cant get ahold of the company I bought it from to get the info I need to send it back..

Has anyone else had an L7 do this? It seems as if a little soldering could fix it, but I really have no idea.. How big of a problem is it??

Also, my gains were properly set with a DMM.. I cant figure out why this happened?

That'll happen in cold weather...didn't you give your system time to heat up or start playing it loud right away!?

I would just solder it back together you'll be fine. cause if your warranty is up you might as well just try it yourself or spend the money to get it fixed!

THIS IS SO COMMON right now we stopped selling them for a while until they correct this problem you are not the only one trust me we just sent back a whole bunch of them for this problem, i would call kicker yourself... they ARE aware of this problem and i can almost say they will tell you to send it in to them i cant see why they would not take care of it since they know there is an issue

That'll happen in cold weather...didn't you give your system time to heat up or start playing it loud right away!?
I would just solder it back together you'll be fine. cause if your warranty is up you might as well just try it yourself or spend the money to get it fixed!

Soldering it wont solve the solution, it will only be a temporary fix... You could try it, but a recone is what it needs.

and we are not the only dealer i can list 3 or 4 others that i know personally that stopped also... so no one tell me im full of it we are a dealer i dont want to hear it.

LIKE I SAID CALL KICKER YOURSELF THEY ARE A GREAT COMPANY I CANT SEE WHY THEY WOULD NOT TAKE CARE OF THIS!!!!!

I talked to Kicker and they said they would take the sub back. However,they said it would probably be a while before i got my sub back due to the holiday season. They said they would have to wait until they had time to recone the sub, and they usually dont deal with refurbs..

O well, guess I will just be without bass a month or two..

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.