Korean Amps vs Brazilian Amps

Which amp do you run?

• Total voters

HinkDawg

CarAudio.com Recruit
Ohio
Ive looked at two different threads talking about the differences in between Korean amps vs Brazilian amps. One was from 2016 and the other was from 2014. Well its 2023 has anything changed between the two and which one is better?

Here it is in a nutshell. Full bridge amplifiers make lots power for the money. But they don’t like to be wired to low ohm loads and they don’t like low voltage. If you are not ever going to wire the amp below its rated ohm load and your car’s electrical system is adequate then go full bridge.
If you are the guy who is trying to run a 3k amplifier on a factory 80 amp alternator and a yellow top battery that you swiped out of your dad’s pontoon boat, then you should probably stay with a Korean amp.

Here it is in a nutshell. Full bridge amplifiers make lots power for the money. But they don’t like to be wired to low ohm loads and they don’t like low voltage. If you are not ever going to wire the amp below its rated ohm load and your car’s electrical system is adequate then go full bridge.
If you are the guy who is trying to run a 3k amplifier on a factory 80 amp alternator and a yellow top battery that you swiped out of your dad’s pontoon boat, then you should probably stay with a Korean amp.
thats the best thing ive heard all day lol

Ive looked at two different threads talking about the differences in between Korean amps vs Brazilian amps. One was from 2016 and the other was from 2014. Well its 2023 has anything changed between the two and which one is better?
Brazilian (full bridge) is cheaper. Every other point goes to Korean (half bridge).

I asked the same thing last year before I bought a smart3...honestly the only thing I don't like about is the adjustment knobs on the amp...i don't know if that's a thing on all Brazilians but it is on taramps 😂

To put it more simpler for those having a hard time. Both ****, just buy which one you like more cause of specs on paper, or cause of the way it looks or cause you like the sound of the brand name 😂

PS. I went with taramps cause they are Brazilian made, been in alot of Brazilian made “things” and it’s very fantastic.

Last edited:
In all equipment, there are differences. Whether you want to pay for what you think might be a difference, in the end, is the difference. Half-bridge Korean designs are more complicated and require a lot more parts. The rest is sourcing those parts and manufacturing (location and labor). Example, the DS18 brand (not a commentary on DS18, just an example of two Korean models within the same brand that differ in price and why) has two lines that are Korean designs; the EXL and the Hooligan designs. The main reasons for the substantial gap in price in these same brand lines/models is material sourcing, and labor. DS18 has (at last glance) 4 Chinese build shops and 2 Korean shops. The Hooligans get their design, their parts and the labor, all from Korea = much higher cost. The EXL line, Korean designed too but the parts and labor, China = much lower cost.

Now the Brazilian full bridge designs use fewer parts (as part of the design, not inferior, just different) and the Labor is somewhere in-between. Consolidated manufacturing, low’ish labor cost, local Manufacturing/distibution relative to large markets, and fewer parts due to the design, = lower cost. Overall, Korean amps are more likely to tolerate voltage drops, use more sophisticated designs and have better technical specs (I know this is subjective, but overall) In a perfect scenario Brazilian amps due to their designs will out power most of their Korean/Chinese counterparts.. But if you lose that perfect (voltage) scenario prepare to drop some Cash. Korean amps are generally quieter, have high damping factors and are kind to voltage fluctuation. Brazilian amps tend to be more temperamental when it comes to voltage. If I’m doing all out SPL and I’m thinking watts per dollar, Brazilian all the way. Cost not the overall concern SQL, built like a tanlk build - Korean - Just my opinion.

Last edited:
Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...