knukonceptz whats the deal

exactly, but doesn't make it a bad company by any means either.
Who said Knu is a bad company?

Just beacause you're retarded doesnt mean you belong in the state pen. //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/fyi.gif.9f1f679348da7204ce960cfc74bca8e0.gif

And I wasnt literally calling them retarded...It was a way of saying "why not just be straight up with what you are selling?"

CA.com n00bx's //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/wink.gif.608e3ea05f1a9f98611af0861652f8fb.gif

You're not a very swift person are you?
Knu isnt underrating their wire. Underrating the wire would be like saying 1/0 is onl y good for 150a for a 10' run.

Knu is mislableing thier product. What they are doing is calling an A/B Class amp an A class amp. More efficent, sure...but what If I wanted a genuine class A amp?

If I need 1/0, and I dont know Knu is ACTUALLY 2/0, and I buy it without reading the fine print...then it gets here and I'm having to trim wires I'd be kind of irritated.

AWG is AWG. If you are rating your wire in a system that is not AWG that should be clearly stated.

On top of that what is the point of making an aluminum aloy wire that has lowered current capacity? Why not just BUY PURE COPPER WIRE THAT IS SMALLER, EASIER TO WORK WITH, AND CAN HANDLE THE SAME AMMOUNT OF CURRENT?

I'm not saying aluminum wire is bad...Aluminum is far more abundant than copper and, therefore, is less expensive. Great for wiring a house or a sub division or transmitting power hundreds of miles. However, on a 12v system in a space like a vehicle why not reap the benefits of a smaller, more flexable wire?

Proven and easier to work with product that isnt mislabled > 2/0 mislabled as 1/0 aluminum/copper alloy wire

umm...

you DO realize that Knu says that KLM is bigger than standard 1/0, right? you DO realize that they admit, and freely proclaim what its made of, right?

You DO realize that its labeled as 1/0 because thats what its current carrying capacity is equal to, right? You DO realize that this wire caters to people who want 1/0 level performance without 1/0 price, right?

you DO realize that a tradeoff must be made somewhere, right?

edit:

at the risk of being called a

CA.com n00bx
Knu IS being straight up about what they're selling...

oh man
icon_starwars.gif

umm...
you DO realize that Knu says that KLM is bigger than standard 1/0, right? you DO realize that they admit, and freely proclaim what its made of, right?

You DO realize that its labeled as 1/0 because thats what its current carrying capacity is equal to, right? You DO realize that this wire caters to people who want 1/0 level performance without 1/0 price, right?

you DO realize that a tradeoff must be made somewhere, right?
Read the thread.

kthxbi

I kinda quoted all that from Knu's site.

You DO realize that their Kolosus wire is pure copper but is rated the same way?

You DO realized that the KLM is compedetively price with other 1/0 wire right?

You DO realize that their rating system isnt right up front? You have to read the whole description.

You DO realize that AWG is the standard for measuing wire cross sectional area in the united states?

You DO realize thhat 2/0 is bigger than 1/0 but 1/0 copper has about the same current capacity, is about the same weight, and is a bit more flexable just beause of the nature of the product?

You DO realize that copper is more ductile (not a big factor in flexability but it is there) and malable than most types of aluminum?

Cerial. These n00bxs think that because I am stating a few things that I personally think are wrong about Knu's product I am bashing it and they must jump in to protect their Wire bonor.

I geuss saying something is wrong with Knu now is like saying something is wrong with the Arg 6 months ago.

Forum Bonors. //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/rolleyes.gif.c1fef805e9d1464d377451cd5bc18bfb.gif

Its not the wire that makes it flexible, its the jacket for the most part. They made KLM to keep the prices low since copper sky rocketed. Its the same diameter as their Kolossus so KLM can use all the same things that it does. Yes aluminum is a worse conductor than copper, but its nearly half the price and at such short distances its not as a great a difference as one would think. KLM replaced the eKo because it is suppose to be cheaper than Kolossus, but copper prices would have driven it up much higher also.

jacket and thread count are determineing factors...between two wires of the same metal. And since we are talking about wire from the same company the jacket SHOULD be of equal quality.

A 1/0 wire is 79% the size of a 2/0 wire (AWG).

The copper Alloy they are producing is probably 55% the price of pure copper (granted aluminum and copper in the mid is about 46% the price but someone has to smelt it).

When it comes down to it you are talking about $0.40 difference per foot all other things equal. That is about what Knu sells it for.

What does all this babbleing mean? Well it backs up what you are saying but I can get welding wire for $1.60/foot with a good jacket and good thread count that is probably just as flexable as KLM just not as pretty. But if you are pinching pennies then should you be caring about looks?

I geuss some people do in which case Knu is hitting a target market. I personally would go with welding wire. Function over Form.

Mislableing wire size is still meh.

First, we list the actual specs of all cables on the site (KLM has yet to be added, but same spec as KOL - different material), I dont see that on Raptor's site or many other manufactures for that matter.

http://www.knukonceptz.com/assets/pdf/PowerWireSpec.pdf

The Kolossus in area is 66.8mm^2 and the standard for 2/0 is 67.4mm^2 so we really should not label it 2/0 as it is just under spec, thus why we call it 1/0. Every terminal I have checked the Kolossus fits, so to save ourselves from the "will your 2/0 fit my 1/0 connection" questions, we remain calling it 1/0. Most manufactures leave a good amount of tollerance for 1/0 so that our cable can be squeezed in there if you twist the strands after removing the jacket.

The price of copper vs the price of copper used to make wire - The raw price of copper is less then the cost of the material used in wire. Why is this? Becuase it has to be refined. The copper used in our wire is 4N purity. This is very common and used by most manufactures. It is usually not used in a welding cable, but this depends on the source of the cable. Because the material has to be processed, it costs more then the raw material.

Squeak's post is dead on, the KLM is an alternative to our eKo cable which was made to compete with the likes of Raptor, AudioPipe, and SoundQuest. Those brands are much smaller in diameter then our Kolossus. Customers needed a real alternative to those cables in the same price range but were true to standards made by American Wire Gauge. Thus the eKo cable was born. Copper rates have risen in such a way that making the eKo cable affordable was not possible, so we have brought out another option. The Copper Clad Aluminum cable (KLM) which we oversized to get the same electrical properties as those brands. And with its $1.75/ft price, we now are less expensive and providing an even better cable then those selling you more jacket then copper.

First, we list the actual specs of all cables on the site (KLM has yet to be added, but same spec as KOL - different material), I dont see that on Raptor's site or many other manufactures for that matter.
http://www.knukonceptz.com/assets/pdf/PowerWireSpec.pdf

The Kolossus in area is 66.8mm^2 and the standard for 2/0 is 67.4mm^2 so we really should not label it 2/0 as it is just under spec, thus why we call it 1/0. Every terminal I have checked the Kolossus fits, so to save ourselves from the "will your 2/0 fit my 1/0 connection" questions, we remain calling it 1/0. Most manufactures leave a good amount of tollerance for 1/0 so that our cable can be squeezed in there if you twist the strands after removing the jacket.

The price of copper vs the price of copper used to make wire - The raw price of copper is less then the cost of the material used in wire. Why is this? Becuase it has to be refined. The copper used in our wire is 4N purity. This is very common and used by most manufactures. It is usually not used in a welding cable, but this depends on the source of the cable. Because the material has to be processed, it costs more then the raw material.

Squeak's post is dead on, the KLM is an alternative to our eKo cable which was made to compete with the likes of Raptor, AudioPipe, and SoundQuest. Those brands are much smaller in diameter then our Kolossus. Customers needed a real alternative to those cables in the same price range but were true to standards made by American Wire Gauge. Thus the eKo cable was born. Copper rates have risen in such a way that making the eKo cable affordable was not possible, so we have brought out another option. The Copper Clad Aluminum cable (KLM) which we oversized to get the same electrical properties as those brands. And with its $1.75/ft price, we now are less expensive and providing an even better cable then those selling you more jacket then copper.
What the hell do you know a bout Knu wire? //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/laugh.gif.48439b2acf2cfca21620f01e7f77d1e4.gif

Good information there. //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/smile.gif.1ebc41e1811405b213edfc4622c41e27.gif

So it isnt 1/0 or 2/0? I expect 1.5/0 //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/up2something.gif.dd110ecf3ae4b76050d87598f2f8de7c.gif

What the hell do you know a bout Knu wire? //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/laugh.gif.48439b2acf2cfca21620f01e7f77d1e4.gif
//content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/laugh.gif.48439b2acf2cfca21620f01e7f77d1e4.gif

you can't spell anything for **** btw, i read all of your posts... found a misspelled word in every post. even this one, a bout = about //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/wink.gif.608e3ea05f1a9f98611af0861652f8fb.gif

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.