knukonceptz whats the deal

X2. Underrating products makes them shitty right? //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/rolleyes.gif.c1fef805e9d1464d377451cd5bc18bfb.gif remind me never to buy a underrated amp I guess
how do you know the amp is truly underrated? what if the company designed an amp to do 1500 watts, but they test it and they always bench 1400-1450, so then they go oh **** and rate it at 1200 watts and then everybody is like, this amp is great cause it is so underrated

how do you know the amp is truly underrated? what if the company designed an amp to do 1500 watts, but they test it and they always bench 1400-1450, so then they go oh **** and rate it at 1200 watts
IDC what they wanted it to do during R&D //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/wink.gif.608e3ea05f1a9f98611af0861652f8fb.gif

and rating it at 1200 when it can put out ~200more seems about right, not all amps are gonna put out same power, gives some room for error.

But I don't care, just thought that him stating "underrating it makes them look retarded" was almost as dumb as the thread about the cops fu(king with whoever that was.

Are you just trying to pick my post apart, or do you honestly believe underrating a product makes the company look bad?

IDC what they wanted it to do during R&D //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/wink.gif.608e3ea05f1a9f98611af0861652f8fb.gif
and rating it at 1200 when it can put out ~200more seems about right, not all amps are gonna put out same power, gives some room for error.

But I don't care, just thought that him stating "underrating it makes them look retarded" was almost as dumb as the thread about the cops fu(king with whoever that was.

Are you just trying to pick my post apart, or do you honestly believe underrating a product makes the company look bad?
i'm just saying just because it's underrated doesn't make it a great product

i didnt buy the amp kit, i bought clear and blue kolossus cable, and they were def the same size, great wire.

as for the post about the kicker cable not fitting in the knu grommets, my knu kolossus wouldnt fit in them...wire is HUGE...so its the grommet, not the wire.

ill be making my second knu order in the near future since im doing a bigger setup and switching cars...i got a LOT of product for $250 and am completely satisfied

Kolosus cable doesnt fit in standard 1/0 gauge terminals or gromets. Just like the kicker, It is slightly larger than standard 1/0. Though the Kolosus has more strands than kicker hyperflex...the kicker jacket seems to be a little more flexable than the kolosus.

Woops, didn't know this was 3 pages. I tried to reply to the last post on the first page.

Anyway, I'm happy with my knukonceptz wiring! For the cost, you really can't beat it //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/wink.gif.608e3ea05f1a9f98611af0861652f8fb.gif

I have got some pics of the KLM and I personally think it bends very easily.
Click these pics for larger versions:

KLM 1/0 Power and Ground wires

KLM 1/0 wire against the ruler

KLM 1/0 in a knot. I can get it into a smaller knot easily but this was just a quickly tossed together.

KLM 1/0 vs Kolossus 4 Ga

KLM 1/0 vs eKo 8 Ga
My friends ground wire is alot smaller than that.

Kolosus cable doesnt fit in standard 1/0 gauge terminals or gromets. Just like the kicker, It is slightly larger than standard 1/0. Though the Kolosus has more strands than kicker hyperflex...the kicker jacket seems to be a little more flexable than the kolosus.
yep, fitting that kicker 1/0awg into a 1/0awg terminal is infact a challange in itself.

While I can not comment on installing our wire into each and every amp. All our 1/0 terminals will fit the Kolossus and KLM kable. The OD of the jacket fits perfect on the inline fuse holder, set screw terminals and blocks. Now, crimp terminals are another story, those need to be "opened" a bit. Just make sure you "twist" the loose strands of the copper to compress them after you have stripped the jacket.

My friends ground wire is alot smaller than that.
Please, post pics when you can. When cable production begins, all the wire starts the same (ie no jacket, just raw material) The strands are drawn into ropes, and the ropes into the full cable. The jacket is added last so for only 5ft to be made smaller then the other 10,000ft made, it would be rather hard to pull off.

If there is something wrong, I will investigate, but I will bet the cable was not cut square so it looks different.

Yes, Knu is a retarded company...

What are you stupid? Your posts make you seem like a retarded person. Knu offers GREAT products and Bill comes on the forums to answer questions occassionally, and Knu is ran how I wished all online stores were ran.
You're not a very swift person are you?

Knu isnt underrating their wire. Underrating the wire would be like saying 1/0 is onl y good for 150a for a 10' run.

Knu is mislableing thier product. What they are doing is calling an A/B Class amp an A class amp. More efficent, sure...but what If I wanted a genuine class A amp?

If I need 1/0, and I dont know Knu is ACTUALLY 2/0, and I buy it without reading the fine print...then it gets here and I'm having to trim wires I'd be kind of irritated.

AWG is AWG. If you are rating your wire in a system that is not AWG that should be clearly stated.

On top of that what is the point of making an aluminum aloy wire that has lowered current capacity? Why not just BUY PURE COPPER WIRE THAT IS SMALLER, EASIER TO WORK WITH, AND CAN HANDLE THE SAME AMMOUNT OF CURRENT?

I'm not saying aluminum wire is bad...Aluminum is far more abundant than copper and, therefore, is less expensive. Great for wiring a house or a sub division or transmitting power hundreds of miles. However, on a 12v system in a space like a vehicle why not reap the benefits of a smaller, more flexable wire?

Proven and easier to work with product that isnt mislabled > 2/0 mislabled as 1/0 aluminum/copper alloy wire

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.