KnuKonceptz KLMX Wire

mccanng
10+ year member

Car Audio Learner :-D
NC
Stay away from Knu KLMX wires. Just informing you of some interesting news. lol (do what you want)

Not dissing the Knu but Memphis sent out a warning to audio retailers not to use Copper Clad Aluminum (CCA) carries less wattage than its suppose to. A chart in Memphis's catalog showed that a 4ga Copper Clad Aluminum (CCA) wire carries less wattage than a 8ga full Copper wire.

Did you know that? //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/wink.gif.608e3ea05f1a9f98611af0861652f8fb.gif

Greg

their 1/0 klmx kable (when used 20feet or smaller) is equivalent to their 1/0 kollosus kable in applications.. their site even states it..

and btw their wires arent 100% cca, their only coated in the aluminum

Didn't know that lol My car audio man showed me the Memphis catalog about avoid Copper Clad Aluminum (CCA) wires because they don't hold as much current. He said that KnuKnoceptz wires aren't full copper they are like 70% copper and I mean their Kolossus Fleks Kable. (Personally idk just what he told me to avoid) //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/biggrin.gif.d71a5d36fcbab170f2364c9f2e3946cb.gif

and besides

i only used the KLMX Kable for my big three battery pos to alternator pos

and i think i used it for a ground too somewheres in my car dont remember off hand.. i wouldnt run a full run of it tho

I'm not talking trash on Knu I like them but when I told him about it, he told me to avoid their kables because they aren't legit. This guy is very knowledgeable because he explains everything about car audio and introduced me to new high high end audio equipment like Twister amps.

Sounds like a normal dealer who will lie and talk down about any company in order to make theirs look better. The Kolossus stuff is pure copper just like every other high dollar wire out there. The KLMX is CCA, and is described as such, and also says that it's rated for 250 amps of current instead of the 300 amp rating of the Kolossus series.

x2!

Most shops or dealers will talk down on almost any online company to try and sway you to buy off them. Hell my one friend does the same ****, but he knows I know better and we just laugh. Is amazing how many people he bull shits, lol!

Also, I have less than 20ft run of KLMX and have no issues with my wire at all. For the money, is hard to beat.

Just a bish to work with because it is so stiff.

i use welding wire....works good and it's cheap...
******************^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^****************

*X's-2*/:D .I personally like *TryStar Welding Cable*.I like the neoprene seperator better than the paper.

Awhile back,I bought 2 50' coils of 2/0 Red & Black

w/my user name printed on the cable[i believe every foot] for free.

They do not charge for the printing/:),which I feel is pretty nice of them.

The 2/0 cable fits into my StreetWires set screw ring terminals w/ease.

Again...It's my personal choice.

Regards/

Raymond

The Knu wire is also over-sized to compensate... I've used it before. As long as you don't need it to be flexible it works fine for a cheap wire.

I, of course, prefer the Knu Kolossus Fleks myself.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.