kind of complicated question

skyhigh

first post, weee

Approx. last week a friend and I both got subwoofers installed in our cars. We both paid about the same amount of money, I paid a little more though (about $25). I paid for a powerbass 12 inch package which was to come in some box supplied with the powerbass amp, 2 12 in, and the custom powerbass box. Anyway, after install they tell me they couldn't get what I wanted in, but they hooked me up; 2 12 in powerbass m-series, a soundstorm 1200 watt amp (f1200m), and some powerbass box.

Okay.

My friend goes a day or so later and he comes out with 2 12 in powerbass s-series, a powerbass 1200 watt amp, and the same powerbass box I have.

So the difference between the two of our systems is I have the M-series subs and some stupidass soundstorm amp. His system hits, mine just booms.

Here's my question; I paid more, and due to what little research I did, the M-series is supposed to be better; correct me if I'm wrong. So... is my shitty stormstorm amp the problem in this equation? I just need some validation before I go into the place I bought it from and ***** //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/verymad.gif.3f39c5c2fd57527b671fad3efdfac756.gif. (I would have gone in today but they're closed). So can somebody tell me if the sandstorm is just not giving my subs as much power as the powerbass 1200 watt amp would? Because I'm upset I got shorted with this piece of ****.

P.S. The deck isn't the issue, I have a brand new premier. And also I only hardly began to tune it because I was gonna let the techs do it, but I really couldn't get my subs to compare to my friends.

Thanks!

where did you go first off, it could a few variables. one of which is the car, the amp settings stuff like that or the subs can be wired out of phase. I would take it back asap and see whats up.

I went to a local car audio dealer that is reputable (//content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/rolleyes.gif.c1fef805e9d1464d377451cd5bc18bfb.gif). I'm pretty sure it's installed correctly, it looks extremely professional. And apparently they tuned it before giving me my car. The deal is, I had a very crappy stereo in my car after I got the subs, so I figured the problem would have been the stereo. So I got the premier and it sound way crisper, but it's still lacking a lot of the power my friend has.

And yeah, I tried to go back today, I'm going to go back tomorrow, I just wanted to get some more information so I wouldn't go in there without my guns loaded.

and I have a 2007 monte, he has a mid 90's accord. Lol.. my car is tip top right now.

also your car is bigger then his that makes a difference too. your location is midwest where bouts? i've had some experience with the soundstorm amps and why they aren't top of the line they are "ok"

i've had some experience with the soundstorm amps and why they aren't top of the line they are "ok"
umm, i dont know if i can agree with that statement. I have yet to see a decent soundstorm amp. In comparison, Powerbass amps are not great, but the are clearly an upgrade over soundstorm

Its teh amp... soundstorm is a joke.. I cant believe a shop would even sell that garbage.. you can get a 700w soundstorm amp for like 50 bucks shipped on the internet.... Go back and tell them its a joke they even gave that thing to you

that power bass might even be 1200rms while the SS might be 1200max. A shitty company like SS likely advertises max ratings

I know the size of my car is definitely not the problem because the difference is crazy.

And yes my seats do fold down. We dont play them with the seats down though.

Yeah I paid too much.. $560, but yeah.. I thought I could really trust this company.. anywho, I'm going to go in there tomorrow and say something.

Does anybody know if the m-series is better than the s-series as far as powerbass' subs go. PowerBass Subwoofers the specs for each are listed there

I think the subs I have are actually better.. but his amp is better (it's designed to work for our subs?) so I'm stuck with garbage. If anybody can accurately confirm that the m-series is better than the s-series then it will verify that the amp is the problem.

actually the specs are nearly identical. a slight increase in power handling seems to be the main change. its the amp. i bet that amp is only like 300 rms

ok, i just researched for you...problem found! That amp is only 200rms at 4ohms, it doesnt even state a 2ohm rms watt amount. Perhaps not even stable at 2ohms, and anyway this thing has a 25amp fuse...so doing the math, 25 amps x 14v x.60 efficiency= 210 watts...there is your problem in a nutshell. People will tell you that amps do more than fuse rating, and they can, but not by much and especially a soundstorm...go demand that Powerbass amp

that all being said I Still bet 80% of it is the tranfer function difference between the cars. I drive a freaking cadillac and loads of kids with garbage equipment get as loud or louder than me pretty easily due to cabin gain. Cabin gain can be 6-10 decibels going from one car to another. No reaslistc amount of power makes that kind of difference up once you get into even moderately powered setups.

edit: as someone else already asked, how much did you pay for this stuff.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.