Killer Sub if it works......

Participant count
  • Participant list

Free_Style
10+ year member

Chicago
I have been trying to figure this out. I have a 12" dual voice MB Quart PWD 304 and a Phoenix Gold TI 400.2 amp. I knew nothing about dual voice coil until reading crutchfield. Now I think I have it hooked up wrong. I put one negitive wire and one Positive wire on both sides. Should I bring the 2 wires to one side and then loop 2 more wires from that side to the other. (hope im making sence).

If you bridged the amp and hooked the voice coils up in paralell it should be fine. If you hooked it up in stereo It would sound bad and damage the speaker.

What is hooked up in stereo? I hooked both wires to one side and left the other side empty. And I did bridge the amp. I am asking if I should bring anthor set of wires to the other side of the basket. I am thinking that each side of the basket is for each voice coil. The speaer does not pound like I thought it would this is why I think I need a diff wire config.

The answar to your first question is yes you should connect to one side then loop around to the other. So that the coils are wired together in paralell.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.