Kicker speakers? Good or bad?

AlexH

Somebody told me recently that the speakers kicker makes arent bad. Should i get them? Ive heard one person say that they get ba once you turn them up loud they get choppy. Should i spend the money on the kicker speakers or fork out the extra cash for hertz audio. Cause i am going to get 2 American bass XFL 15's and i just want some speakers that wont completely ****. I want speakers that will compare with subs. Any help?

CDT are Great speakers,as well as Image Dynamics,for money well spent.If buying Hertz, Id recommend Herts Mille, though,Very Very expensive,but some of the best speakers Ive heard.PHD is another Excellent speaker to look into.Though, your Question is not quite understood as to What Kicker speakers/size/style,ect. in order to give opinions/advice/experience of,SPEAKERS.

they arent bad for the average joes that dont know much about car audio or to people that prefer smaller sub set ups. For people serious about getting loud and sounding good, i'd pass on that. If your looking to just get loud and sound "okay" a cheap solution would be some pro audio speakers and dump the rest of the budget on sealing your doors properly. If you want to sound good and loud, Go with those CDT/ID speakers.

Unless you've heard the speakers on a properly tuned and installed system, I'm really inclined to believe it was user error that made the Kicker speakers sound "choppy". Something as basic as a high pass filter set too low can make good speakers sound disappointing. A poorly mounted woofer will never sound right, also.

Ok. Well i dont really know what hertz speakers or kickers i want i was just seeing comparing them what would be better. The modt expensive kicker speakers or the most expensive hertz. Cause i know kicker subs are crap so i am worried that their speakers are just as bad. I dont have a budget necessarily. If i have to fork out the cash for my system to hit really hard but doesnt completely blow my speakers away im alright with that. Size? Ill say a 6x9

What vehicle do you have? There are 6x9 component sets but they have different mounting depths. Some vehicles make it extremely difficult to fit a heavy duty 6x9 woofer if it's in the front doors.

Ok...you don't have 6x9s in that vehicle. Back to 6.5s. You have 6.5" speakers front and rear with 4x6s in the dash. You could have a good front setup using 6.5" midbass speakers in the front doors and 4x6 plate components in the dash. A Clarion CZ702 single DIN would let you do the crossovers and get the dash speakers playing your voices with the door speakers only playing midbass frequencies.

Comparing Hertz and Kicker //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/wow.gif.23d729408e9177caa2a0ed6a2ba6588e.gif

Hertz>Kicker in almost every single aspect..

BUT - If you go to a sound board and like Kicker's more than Hertz, more the power to you and enjoy your $ savings!

.....each brand has different ranges (price and quality) the $200 speaker set from kicker would prob sound nicer than the $200 set from hertz, everyone is different so not everyones idea on sound will be the same

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.