Kicker L7 8" borted boxes for boat

Participant count
  • Participant list

Jlarson

CarAudio.com Newbie
Nevada
Hey forum! Long time follower, first time poster. Im building a system for a boat and hoping to utilize 2 kicker L7-8s i have in the garage.

Im thinking ported to get the most output out of the small subs. Its just a bazooka tube now so itll be an upgrade regarless. But i cant seem to find a great ported design so I have some questions

Im going to be using 2 boxes to support a back bench. The current seat support is 12" tall and 14" deep. So my question is will my design work that is attached. And is there a way to make it better, im not sure if the port space is included inthe total space. I d like to keep the port on the bottom to protect the sub from water as much as possible. Thank you for your help!

Attachments

• 20200405_201139.jpg
    20200405_201139.jpg
    572 KB · Views: 153
Throw em in a 4th if the subs are agreeable and you have the space... a few drain holes in the upper chamber wont kill response imo with 45-65in2 of port like it should have.
Boat audio needs power imo, why not a 4th?

Its also the only storage for life jackets. Its 70x14x12", and I need to save as much as possible. I've read a bunch that these subs do great in a sealed .5 cuft. But id rather go ported. The boat has a 200watt bazooka now. So the 2-8s and a 1000watt alpine amp in any enclosure will be better that what's in it now. But if its possible to make a ported box, with the port on bottom and keep some storage space, that should be great.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.