Kicker l7 10"

...it would probably surprise you how cheaply they can be had...

//content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/suave.gif.858fc102f7646e678ee8af7e1fbc41d1.gif

But all sorts of woofers out there - gonna have to do his homework.

I don't know what price he is getting an L7 for but I can see the average price that they are going for online and they are relatively expensive. It does seem like you prefer the sealed box, maybe check out the alpine type r Alpine SWR-12D4 12" 2000W Dual 4-Ohm Type-R Car Audio Subwoofer They seem to do well in sealed boxes and everyone I have known who has one loves it. Since your kicker was a square 10'' a 12" round sub will have similar cone area. Just a suggestion, maybe someone else has another sub that would be more fitting for your application.

Ok audio gurus, I have a hard question for you. Ohms law.

My amp is 12v 750w at 2ohm. The math on this doesn't make sense.

750w at 12v is 60 amps. ( no way)

When I did the math I got

12v 62 amps .2 ohm and 750 watts. I know this isn't right. How do I do the math to figure out what power is going to the speaker.

Easiest way would be to use a DMM and a clamp to measure power output from the amp to the speaker.

Alternatively, you could use a WooferTester/DATS from PartsExpress to plot your impedance curve, and calculate power from that (though it won't be as accurate as actually measuring the power).

As you said, the amp is 'capable' of producing 750 watts @ 2 ohms, however, since this is a reactive load, impedance is going to be all over the place depending on frequency being played, parameters of the enclosure, properties of the voicecoil(s), etc.

Also, in your math above, 12 volts in does not equal 12 volts out - your confusing the DC side with the AC side...

You would have to actually measure it... not something you can go look up.

As I was pointing out above - it's going to be a variable number dependent on many different factors.

Ah I knew I was missing something. I'm gonna go look for what the ac out is. And I just ordered the type r

Ok audio gurus, I have a hard question for you. Ohms law. My amp is 12v 750w at 2ohm. The math on this doesn't make sense.

750w at 12v is 60 amps. ( no way)

When I did the math I got

12v 62 amps .2 ohm and 750 watts. I know this isn't right. How do I do the math to figure out what power is going to the speaker.
voltage = square root (power output x speaker load)

an example would be to wire your L7 10" to a 2 ohm load

square root of (600 x 2) would = 34.64 volts and that should be the number you should see on the multimeter before you start backing off.

??????????????? Ok So I have a 10inch kicker L7 in a ported box. And if you know the plastic piece that is on the front of the speaker is falling off I was wonder what I can do to fix it someone said to put washers where the screws go in to hold it down but I was thinking wouldn't a speaker grill do the same thing... plz get back to me quick I hate not having beats in the trunk lol ??????????????????????

??????????????? Ok So I have a 10inch kicker L7 in a ported box. And if you know the plastic piece that is on the front of the speaker is falling off I was wonder what I can do to fix it someone said to put washers where the screws go in to hold it down but I was thinking wouldn't a speaker grill do the same thing... plz get back to me quick I hate not having beats in the trunk lol ??????????????????????
Use epoxy like kicker did I had that prob too the washers would look tacky af this stuff called goop made for cars boats rv home , get the one for plastic it works great for redoing surrounds too they sell it at auto parts stores hardware every were for under 10 bucks its a big tube

Smh...wth did I just read...lol type r is a fine sub flr sealed although I would have gone a different route given your amp. Either way you should be happy. Stay running sealed. Ported wont give the punch youre looking for

Use epoxy like kicker did I had that prob too the washers would look tacky af this stuff called goop made for cars boats rv home , get the one for plastic it works great for redoing surrounds too they sell it at auto parts stores hardware every were for under 10 bucks its a big tube
So you don't think that a sub grill would work? nutdowg651 cuz I put some epoxy on there before and it lasted till summer cuz where I live its super hot like in the 100s....

I never use grills I just dont like the look my summers are close to 90s goop works great no problems that cheap *** 5 dollar epoxy dont work the one thats the two part

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.