Kicker L5

Participant count
  • Participant list

woodsball_delig
10+ year member

Hey, im looking at building a box for my 12" L5.... im just curious as to what i should have the port tuning at. I tried going through the winisd program, and it came up with 27.. but im not sure if that sounds right.

maybe someone who has an L5 or L7 would be able to help me out!

It really depends on you listening preferences. What kind of music do you listen to 80 percent of the time? What vehicle is it going in? How much power do you have available? The amount of space and power you have can affect what you should tune to. If it's in a tight space you may want to build the box a little small and tune a little high. If you have a lot of power you may want the box a little on the small side, little power you may want to go a little bigger. There are more but it would take a while to go into.

What are you goals?

Do you want to be as loud as possible? (Higher tuning, smaller box)

Or do you want a relatively flat response with nice sound quality? (Lower tuning, bigger box)

well i listen to alot of music, rap-hard rock- house. im looking for something that has a good amount of bass.

as for car im driving its a mazda 3 sedan. i also might be getting a 2nd L5 and running duals if that changes anything. as for amp, im getting rid of my current one and going to be running one that will be able to run 600 or 1200 w rms(if i decide to grab the 2nd sub).

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.