Kicker goes Walmart.

This has quickly become the "what has idiots said about car audio" thread. Me likes
i just cant wait to get my stuff back up and running. im currently powering a black friday fi x 10 with a bxi2008 at 2 ohms and a p400.2 on my old infinity ref 6x9s. i am so pathetic right now but i refuse to power the trf up. just gotta wait for my recone money for my 18 //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/frown.gif.a3531fa0534503350665a1e957861287.gif

also got laid off lol so that *****.

i just cant wait to get my stuff back up and running. im currently powering a black friday fi x 10 with a bxi2008 at 2 ohms and a p400.2 on my old infinity ref 6x9s. i am so pathetic right now but i refuse to power the trf up. just gotta wait for my recone money for my 18 //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/frown.gif.a3531fa0534503350665a1e957861287.gif
also got laid off lol so that *****.
I'd get another Warhorse if I could happen upon 8 TRF motors...

Bumping an older thread but my .02 local install shops are still going to make a pretty penny of this situation. I think a large portion of the purchasers of Kicker are Wal-mart don't know how to install their product(Maybe Walmart will offer installation service?) and thinking "What I save buying here I can use at a shop to get it installed." Most shops will charge a higher premium as well as hesitate to warranty if they warranty at all the product. It was my understanding from earlier in the thread that most of the money made in shops was from the install, well this potential could increase the gross income as well as reduce the expenses for shops which means higher net incomes. One more thing, the whole argument that you don't believe you should be getting your car audio at the same place you shop doesn't satisfy me. I'd expect no less of an enthusiast to expect no less than full attention to their said hobby from the place where you purchase, however, this isn't geared towards people like that, rather, those who desire convenience and do not view this as a hobby worth pursuing. I know I don't have a high post count nor bees-knees system but just my .02. Feel free correct my where I may have messed up.

I am shocked by the cavalier attitude of some of you defending big business here. Kicker did not need the money from this deal. This was greed, plain and simple. Kicker already outsells all competitors combined for subwoofer sales 10 to 1. This is a betrayal to all the dealers that put Kicker on the map in the first place. I am also shocked that some of you don't think this will effect quality. It has effected quality for ALL other manufacturers who have done this....ALL! People don't want Pioneer or Sony speakers or amps anymore because of the damage to their reputation done from selling cheaper products at Walmart. For those of you who don't know how Walmart operates.....first they get you in the door with your normal quality level of products......next they sell the crap out of them and you get huge sales.....then comes the hammer, they leverage the offers of other manufacturers against you to drive down the purchase price to NOTHING.......the manufacturer then has NO CHOICE but to cut costs in order to remain profitable. It has happened to ALL car audio products being sold at Walmart. Then the real damage is done....people who do not know how to install these products purchased at Walmart begin their word of mouth campaign about product failures. Ultimately, there goes your reputation for all products with that brand name on it. Remember this above all, Walmart didn't get where they are by being nice and paying huge amounts for products long term. They are the shrewdest of all businesses and know EXACTLY what they are doing. What is surprising here is that Kicker isn't smart enough to realize this.

I am shocked by the cavalier attitude of some of you defending big business here. Kicker did not need the money from this deal. This was greed, plain and simple. Kicker already outsells all competitors combined for subwoofer sales 10 to 1. This is a betrayal to all the dealers that put Kicker on the map in the first place. I am also shocked that some of you don't think this will effect quality. It has effected quality for ALL other manufacturers who have done this....ALL! People don't want Pioneer or Sony speakers or amps anymore because of the damage to their reputation done from selling cheaper products at Walmart. For those of you who don't know how Walmart operates.....first they get you in the door with your normal quality level of products......next they sell the crap out of them and you get huge sales.....then comes the hammer, they leverage the offers of other manufacturers against you to drive down the purchase price to NOTHING.......the manufacturer then has NO CHOICE but to cut costs in order to remain profitable. It has happened to ALL car audio products being sold at Walmart. Then the real damage is done....people who do not know how to install these products purchased at Walmart begin their word of mouth campaign about product failures. Ultimately, there goes your reputation for all products with that brand name on it. Remember this above all, Walmart didn't get where they are by being nice and paying huge amounts for products long term. They are the shrewdest of all businesses and know EXACTLY what they are doing. What is surprising here is that Kicker isn't smart enough to realize this.
hi newbie

Kicker already sold out long ago and they are not near once they were only thing that can happen is they can become worse lol wont buy em before walmart wont buy them now

Kicker already outsells all competitors combined for subwoofer sales 10 to 1.
It has effected quality for ALL other manufacturers who have done this....ALL!

For those of you who don't know how Walmart operates.....first they get you in the door with your normal quality level of products......next they sell the crap out of them and you get huge sales.....then comes the hammer, they leverage the offers of other manufacturers against you to drive down the purchase price to NOTHING.......the manufacturer then has NO CHOICE but to cut costs in order to remain profitable. It has happened to ALL car audio products being sold at Walmart.
Thanks for the education..... now, where's the proof?

Not necessarily saying that I disagree with your basic points of Kicker "selling out," or how WalMart seeks to drive down prices, force increased production, and/or participates knowingly or unknowingly in lowered quality from a manufacturer.

But still, you pretty "cavalierly" threw up a bunch of mud, there

What I fail to understand is how Kickers quality is constantly in question or ppl are always saying "I'LL NEVER RUN KICKER AGAIN BECAUSE ONLINE SAYS SO" and how they sold out blah blah....but, Audiopipe is thriving as a forum boner.

newb does have a point to a extant, pioneer amps and subs are rarely used at least in the circles i run in and sony forget about it but i dont think its wall-mart i think its more because those two companies do waaay more then car audio so they may just not care that much about car audio

welcome to the forum, to tell you the truth , i dont care what walmart does since i dont buy car audio in walmart you should try to do the same.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.