kicker cvx 12 in larger box?

i m looking into putting a kicker cvx 12 in a 3.0 box tuned @35 with 1000 watts? has any one heard or used a cvx 12 in a larger vented box? would it get loud and still sound good?
That box should be about perfect for it. If it isn't brand new find an amp that can put out about 2k rms and run that sub at about 1200 rms with 0db for clean power. Dont mess with the dubbing if you go over 750 though because if you clip you'll kill it.

thanks gentlemen for the replies.the 12 cvx will be new and i will use an os rockford power 1000 bd,and will start with the gains all the way down. my head unit is a pioneer premier p1r so i can lower the sub output as needed to break in that sub. i m pretty sure that 1000 watts will be plenty with the larger box. cvx is in the mail even as we speak....cheers!!

People tend to **** on the CVX here, quite a bit. I ran a set of the '06 model a few years ago and liked them a lot. I had a pair of them in 4.5 cubes tuned to 30 Hz on just 1 kW. It was more than loud enough for my liking. I downsized to get my trunk back and then decided to run some rebranded IDs instead after that. I haven't been as loud since. I think you'll be happy with it in that size box on that kind of power.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.