Kicker CVR vs CVX

well im running 2 15 cvr's and there duel voice coil at 4 ohm and i have them briged to 1 ohm stable on a hifonics brutis 1700.1 mono amp and it hit super hard im hitten at least a 142 db,s im ganna be getten a hifonics brutis 2100.1 soon so im hopen its ganna hit pritty hard. my buddy is runnen 1 12 cvx in a 1.8 cubic foot sloted box with a 650 kicker amp and hes hitten a 141.1 db so i agree the cvx's are much better and can handle a lot more but still put out a lot of bass and clarity with a low watt amp but my suggestion is deff ither one u pick ither the cvx or cvr the hifonics brutis is the way to go for sure it sund realy good but my persanl suggestion would be if ur ganna run the cvr's the 1700.1 brutis would be grait but if ur ganna go with the cvx's prob do the 2100.1 brutis or the 2400.1 brutis and ull be dumpen hard lol oh and if ur tryen to stay in ur buget check out ebay u will get realy good deals hope u enjoy and i hope any thing i said helps
You fail on many levels

LMFAO

Don't even get me started on my opinion on the Brutus amplfiers, let's just say I'd never buy one again, and yes I owned one hooked to 2 CVR 12s, wired to 2 Ohms.

I have 2 Kicker CVR 12s and I can tell you that there are a BUNCH of better sub woofers out there, but with them being my first pair of subs ever I can't complain, they banged like a mofo (when i had them hooked to a Kenwood 9105d).

-I don't believe 2 CVR 15s did a 142 Dbs

- Check out other brands of subwoofers, there's another world of subwoofers, explore. Kicker isn't the all be all, and this is coming from someone who has ran two CVRs for over a year. If you're willing to spend the kind of money you claim, why buy Kicker? There's better brands, I promise you.

id go with the cvx dual 2ohm, & with an audiopipe AP18001D. Which to have those speakers loud, which ever amp you do decide to get, im sure you'll end up getting an h/o alternator. If not the alternator, at least another battery. BUT . . . if your budget is within those prices, id say since you do have the room for a big box, get a big ported box tuned to your likings & you wont need so much power to be loud. The big box will help you be louder with less power than a small box which would need more power to sound as loud.

If you're stuck on Kicker, the Hifonics BRZ1700.1d will supply enough power to make 2 CVXs hit (I'd recommend the CVXs vs the CVRs obviously, but it's all about how loud you want to get vs how much you're willing to spend). Depending on how your vehicle is set up, you may need a H/O Alternator. However, the Big 3 Upgrade and a bigger battery is sometimes enough. It simply depends on your application.

Cvxs and cvrs are like comparing a small turd and a bigger turd. Both are pieces of shitttt. Only thing worth touching that kicker makes are kx amps solo xs and the warhorse....and they're all to expensive evn used. For ur budget get 2 sundown sa15s on a cheap 1500 like hifonics or mb quart or ap. Or an aq 1200d. My old single sa 15 was seriously twice as loud as this kids 2 cvx 15s don't touch kicker. Don't touch rockford. Don't touch jl. Don't touch alpine. Same philosophy has done me well

well im running 2 15 cvr's and there duel voice coil at 4 ohm and i have them briged to 1 ohm stable on a hifonics brutis 1700.1 mono amp and it hit super hard im hitten at least a 142 db,s im ganna be getten a hifonics brutis 2100.1 soon so im hopen its ganna hit pritty hard. my buddy is runnen 1 12 cvx in a 1.8 cubic foot sloted box with a 650 kicker amp and hes hitten a 141.1 db so i agree the cvx's are much better and can handle a lot more but still put out a lot of bass and clarity with a low watt amp but my suggestion is deff ither one u pick ither the cvx or cvr the hifonics brutis is the way to go for sure it sund realy good but my persanl suggestion would be if ur ganna run the cvr's the 1700.1 brutis would be grait but if ur ganna go with the cvx's prob do the 2100.1 brutis or the 2400.1 brutis and ull be dumpen hard lol oh and if ur tryen to stay in ur buget check out ebay u will get realy good deals hope u enjoy and i hope any thing i said helps
Good job on having one of the biggest fails of first posts ever on this forum. Also, you bumped a 7 month old topic. GTFO!

So i am working on my first setup ever. From what i have seen, the CVXs are definitely better, but for a poor college kid who wants decent, not amazing, music, are the CVRs worth the money? I only want to spend a couple hundred on my setup. I don't want want anything competition and i don't really want to be heard from 3 miles away. i just want to be heard from maybe a couple cars away. And I'm not one who can tell, nor really cares about, the difference between good sound and amazing sound. So the question is, are the CVRs worth it for me?

So i am working on my first setup ever. From what i have seen, the CVXs are definitely better, but for a poor college kid who wants decent, not amazing, music, are the CVRs worth the money? I only want to spend a couple hundred on my setup. I don't want want anything competition and i don't really want to be heard from 3 miles away. i just want to be heard from maybe a couple cars away. And I'm not one who can tell, nor really cares about, the difference between good sound and amazing sound. So the question is, are the CVRs worth it for me?
My cvr DVC4ohms 10s are banging theyre a ss off with an old school white Autoteck Mean Machine 66 on ea sub, at 1.6 cu ft ported ea.Hitting the lows nicely,and clean@2ohms ea.Just have to have a good box, and some room, they will sound pretty good ported

Thanks for bumping this year old thread that no one cares about

If you just want to have beat for cheap, get some hifonics hfi's or hfx watevers and throw 500-600w rms at em. you'll be plenty satisfied for a first setup.

No. do your research. Kicker subs, imo, are overpriced at all of their levels. Not saying they suk. I'm saying that for the price of their entry level gear, you can get mid level gear from a company that spends less on advertising. Do homework. Compare voice coil sizes, rms power handling, etc. See what your $ is getting you...

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.