Kicker CVR or Alpine Type S?

Codey

ND
Okay so currently I have a single 12" Kicker Comp in my '02 Cavalier, I like how it sounds but I want an upgrade. I want to know what you think I should get, 2 12" Kicker CVR's or 2 12" Alpine Type S's, I listen to everything from hard low hitting rap to fast hitting metal and dubstep. I want a woofer that offers improved SPL from my Kicker Comp but also something that doesn't sound terrible. I'm leery about the Alpine Type S's because I've heard they absolutely can't handle more than their RMS and my Kicker Comp is hooked up to an amp at twice it's RMS and have had zero problems. What should I do?

much better subs out there for the coin mate, s type (****) imo but I don't mind the sound of the kicker comp vr's (if that's what you have) change your box

What other brands might you suggest, I'm fairly new to the car audio scene and I've only ever heard kickers...

Well right now I have a Kicker DX500.1 powering a single 12" Kicker comp. the box I purchased was a $60 ported box from Best Buy. I'm honestly looking for an all around subwoofer, one that can handle fast hitting kick drum bass of metal down to the lowest electronically produced bass. I'm interested in the Sundown E's it's just that I've never heard them for myself. If I were to go with the Sundowns I'd have to go with the 10's because I know they like bigger boxes and my tiny cavalier trunk wouldn't be able to fit a box with 2.0 cu. ft.

A custom ported enclosure will give you the biggest increase in output and sound. Whichever sub(s) you choose, design and build your own, or have someone build one for you and have it shipped.

Check out C2 Audio Threatcon 2 12's. I have two 12's in the trunk of a Dodge Neon, not much difference in size as your Cavalier, and these things are simply awesome!!!! In my opinion for the money there isnt a sub that can touch them.

Well yhanks for the advice I'm gonna go with two of the Type S's. I've heard them and I like how they sound, I'm far from done with car audio though so I'm definitely going to invest in other brands down the road.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.