Kicker CompRs cant get loud

lol reason why I realized the importance of a proper ported box back when I first started out with car audio is when I heard a 15 L7 even on a crappy performance teck amp, it pounded hard from being in a proper custom ported box.

But then again, I heard an SA 8 get almost as loud in a 45hz box.

157.1 on music is good. I don't see what's wrong lol. I'm not impressed with and burp car/van. It's loud yes, but that's it. Would rather own something I can drive and enjoy.

Just as J. Cole says in his song.... "can't get enough, can't get enough" of Kicker hatin'...
I swear some of you love to hate on Kicker...like ya'll have nothing better else to do.
My point was kickers are said constantly by posters in caraudio forum to have weak motors and are crap. Any way you look at it, Jarrods truck is loud. The difference between 151.5 what he hit and 151.9 is inaudible. Hell the average person cant tell the difference between 151.5 and 160 dbs. You need a meter for that. There will always be bigger and more extreme. Just wait till a 12" sub with a 1,000 oz magnet and kevlar surround comes out. So, just bashing a lower end sub that can get very loud is simply being young and stupid. And Im old and stubburn? Im just mature enough to call things as I see and hear them. Kicker CompRs are not bad subwoofers.

I also agree with the above poster, burps are pointless. I thought car audio was about music, well at least it was back in my old days.

I have heard almost every brand of car audio there is. ALMOST any of them can get loud. But i do agree that 4 15's in a b pillar doing 151 is not super impressive. Yea, 151 is loud, just not real impressive for a B pillar on 5K. If you have been around car audio as long as you say, then you know we have been doing that since the mid 90's. On much less power even. And I completely disagree with the statement that you can't tell the diff between 151 and 160...lmao, really. Every 10 db is TWICE as loud dude .... 3db is what is considered to be a slight change in perceivable volume change. And I agree with the whole BURP car thing. seems pretty pointless to me as well. I like loud as fak, clear music personally.

Go enjoy your kicker stuff, but just know, that there is other, better quality stuff out there at the same, or better price point, period.

I have heard almost every brand of car audio there is. ALMOST any of them can get loud. But i do agree that 4 15's in a b pillar doing 151 is not super impressive. Yea, 151 is loud, just not real impressive for a B pillar on 5K. If you have been around car audio as long as you say, then you know we have been doing that since the mid 90's. On much less power even. And I completely disagree with the statement that you can't tell the diff between 151 and 160...lmao, really. Every 10 db is TWICE as loud dude .... 3db is what is considered to be a slight change in perceivable volume change. And I agree with the whole BURP car thing. seems pretty pointless to me as well. I like loud as fak, clear music personally.Go enjoy your kicker stuff, but just know, that there is other, better quality stuff out there at the same, or better price point, period.

Thanks a ton. Now all of what you said makes sense, as well as said NICELY. I don't react to well when someone say its ****, it ****....blah, blah, blah. As far as 151 to 160dbs, you and i know its louder, but my wife, friends or kids would have their ears plugged anyhow. They wouldn't know the difference for sure.

Im gonna stop with the Kicker theads. I wanted to point out that all car audio products, and subwoofers have their place. I saw a guy at the car wash the other day with a new Dodge Charger, he was running Dual (the brand) 12" subs in a bandpass box. Not great in any form or fashion, but that what he likes I guess.

Every 3db is roughly twice as loud, not 10db lmao.. U can deff hear the differance in a 151db and 160.. Hell I can head a huge difference from a 151-53 because that's what I gained from my last setup and I could clearly hear it was louder

Thanks a ton. Now all of what you said makes sense, as well as said NICELY. I don't react to well when someone say its ****, it ****....blah, blah, blah. As far as 151 to 160dbs, you and i know its louder, but my wife, friends or kids would have their ears plugged anyhow. They wouldn't know the difference for sure.
Im gonna stop with the Kicker theads. I wanted to point out that all car audio products, and subwoofers have their place. I saw a guy at the car wash the other day with a new Dodge Charger, he was running Dual (the brand) 12" subs in a bandpass box. Not great in any form or fashion, but that what he likes I guess.
151 to 160 even with their ears plugged their lungs and vision will be blurred and world turned upside down especially if they are not used to bass. you obviously never been in a 160 vehicle to make such ignorant statements.

Just as J. Cole says in his song.... "can't get enough, can't get enough" of Kicker hatin'...
I swear some of you love to hate on Kicker...like ya'll have nothing better else to do.
I do hate some kicker for sure. During class, I got nothing better to do.

My point was kickers are said constantly by posters in caraudio forum to have weak motors and are crap. Any way you look at it, Jarrods truck is loud. The difference between 151.5 what he hit and 151.9 is inaudible. Hell the average person cant tell the difference between 151.5 and 160 dbs. You need a meter for that. There will always be bigger and more extreme. Just wait till a 12" sub with a 1,000 oz magnet and kevlar surround comes out. So, just bashing a lower end sub that can get very loud is simply being young and stupid. And Im old and stubburn? Im just mature enough to call things as I see and hear them. Kicker CompRs are not bad subwoofers.
I also agree with the above poster, burps are pointless. I thought car audio was about music, well at least it was back in my old days.
Young and stupid? Really? I guarantee I know more about this stuff than you do old man.

Look out everyone! The wife and kids have to plug their ears! Yes, please stop with the Kicker threads. You don't see us posting threads about our brands that are much better.

151 to 160 even with their ears plugged their lungs and vision will be blurred and world turned upside down especially if they are not used to bass. you obviously never been in a 160 vehicle to make such ignorant statements.
This guy is an idiot. No audible difference between 151 and 160? Really? //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/wow.gif.23d729408e9177caa2a0ed6a2ba6588e.gif

Every 3db is roughly twice as loud, not 10db lmao.. U can deff hear the differance in a 151db and 160.. Hell I can head a huge difference from a 151-53 because that's what I gained from my last setup and I could clearly hear it was louder
3db is a noticeable gain. 10 is twice as loud.

as I already said, every 3 db is a slightly noticeable gain in volume, and generally takes twice the power to achieve(all other variables staying the same)

every 10db is twice as loud, and takes roughly 10x the power to achieve .....

I'm not arguing about this massivespl, these are simple facts, that you or anybody can find out by reading any number of publications on the subject ....you can laugh your azz off at those publications if you like .... but no need to address that at me for stating facts ....

3db is a noticeable gain. 10 is twice as loud.
Sure 10db is scientifically twice as loud, but 3db is twice the audible pressure thus sounding twice as loud in most cases. Everyone knows in the world of car nothing is what it seems, what is good on paper doesn't always work out in the vehicles cabin.

Sure 10db is scientifically twice as loud, but 3db is twice the audible pressure thus sounding twice as loud in most cases. Everyone knows in the world of car nothing is what it seems, what is good on paper doesn't always work out in the vehicles cabin.
It is what it is. If you know your car you can tell as little as a db change. 3db is 1 to 2 clicks on the volume knob depending on the HUs range.

I do hate some kicker for sure. During class, I got nothing better to do.

Young and stupid? Really? I guarantee I know more about this stuff than you do old man.

Look out everyone! The wife and kids have to plug their ears! Yes, please stop with the Kicker threads. You don't see us posting threads about our brands that are much better.

This guy is an idiot. No audible difference between 151 and 160? Really? //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/wow.gif.23d729408e9177caa2a0ed6a2ba6588e.gif
This old man is doing quite well. Did you even graduate from highschool or college? It sure doesn't seem like it.

You will be older one day, not the young arrogant prick that you are. So dont talk to much shiit.

Ease up man don't take the interwebz so seriously.

However when I see a specific brand picked out out of the other brands on the market and then have a full discussion about it, bad or good, gets kinda old. Not to mention 3-4 other similar threads about it too.

It's just an open invitation for those that "need" to comment.

yes we all know Kicker has gone downhill lately....it's called mainstream.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.