Kicker CompR Sub keeps blowing! Please help!

So I can't take the sub out the box because I don't have the tool.. and every shop is closed right now as its 12AM in NY. Anyways this was my EXACT amp settings for 6 months before it blew..

https://ibb.co/bBKDDG

https://ibb.co/bzyUnb

From the advice given from you guys.. It seems that when kicker gives me a new sub.. I should switch to a 4AWG.. What do you guys prefer for MAX gain.. Being that my Sub is rated 500 RMS and AMP is rated 600 RMS?

PS - @whitedragon.. I believe my sub is wired 2ohms dual voice coils.

EDIT - Power light on AMP stayed green like normal everytime I would check it while playing music ever so often.. Don't know if that matters..

EDIT 2 - AMP itself would get pretty hot after a joyride session.. Assuming thats normal with songs with heavy bass.

so u think kicker ported box tuned at 45hz and amp with no ss filter and 8ga wire is good?, ok
1. you don't know what the box is tuned to

2. Amp has a built in ssf at 25hz, if you read the specs you would know this

3. Since we have made it this far, your selective reading or sheer stupidity or a combination of both has allowed you to miss the part that where I mentioned upgrading the wiring, which you even quoted with your half assed retarded response.

Why do you post when you don't even bother to read and comprehend what people are saying.

So I can't take the sub out the box because I don't have the tool.. and every shop is closed right now as its 12AM in NY. Anyways this was my EXACT amp settings for 6 months before it blew..https://ibb.co/bBKDDG

From the advice given from you guys.. It seems that when kicker gives me a new sub.. I should switch to a 4AWG.. What do you guys prefer for MAX gain.. Being that my Sub is rated 500 RMS and AMP is rated 600 RMS?

EDIT - Power light on AMP stayed green like normal everytime I would check it while playing music ever so often.. Don't know if that matters..

EDIT 2 - AMP itself would get pretty hot after a joyride session.. Assuming thats normal with songs with heavy bass.
That bass boost on the amp is a sub killer when your gain is not set to protect from clipping the sub.
Turn the bass boost on the amp to 0 then either google dmm gain tutorial or learn how to listen to set the gain, all it takes is knowing how the sub sounds like when something is wrong.

If not take it to someone who can tune it like a real audio shop with good reviews...

But dont go to best buy lol.

Like grandpa said what headunit are you working with and what are the eq settings on your headunit.

Sent from my Moto G4 using Tapatalk

Headunit is stock.. EQ settings are set normal levels. Spotify on my phone has the rock EQ set.. It sounds so much better with the rock EQ.

So I can't take the sub out the box because I don't have the tool.. and every shop is closed right now as its 12AM in NY. Anyways this was my EXACT amp settings for 6 months before it blew..https://ibb.co/bBKDDG

The bass boost is most likely what is causing the issue. The gain doesn't seem crazy high but you don't know when the headunit begins to clip the signal so you can't rule out the gain being set incorrectly.

Headunit is stock.. EQ settings are set normal levels. Spotify on my phone has the rock EQ set.. It sounds so much better with the rock EQ.
Being its a 2017 honda then it comes with a factory amplifier.
The amp produces its own eq settings.

How is the amp getting signal? Rca or line out converter??

Sent from my Moto G4 using Tapatalk

1. you don't know what the box is tuned to2. Amp has a built in ssf at 25hz, if you read the specs you would know this

3. Since we have made it this far, your selective reading or sheer stupidity or a combination of both has allowed you to miss the part that where I mentioned upgrading the wiring, which you even quoted with your half assed retarded response.

Why do you post when you don't even bother to read and comprehend what people are saying.
i assure u it's tuned above 40 hz i've checked many boxes over past yr (shopping) they all wrong.. i did forget amp has ss at 25 but that don't help if tuning is 45 hz, which is exactly what happened to me with factory orion box and memphis 500d with 25hz ss, cones ripped but his cone is plastic so maybe the unloading breaking something else..

Oh god.... another disaster lol.

first off, lower your gain settings, never EVER use bass boost. The spotify rock EQ is a form of bass boost as well depending on what frequencies it boosts so you have to lower your amp settings accordingly as well.

Also if you paid 800 dollars for that sound system you got completely ripped off.

Was wondering if you were gonna chime in Jeff....

While I'm at it, I noticed ALL the knobs are at the 11 o'clock position on the amp. If BB only knew how to set gains properly, not just install audio and call it good.

1. you don't know what the box is tuned to2. Amp has a built in ssf at 25hz, if you read the specs you would know this

Thank you.....and people here call me idiot, stupid, retard, you name it. I know it's not me.

Btw...this isn't the 1st time he's done this crap.

Find someone local, to you, who can teach and show you how to do it. Adding a sub to a car is pretty basic, and easy. Not knowing exactly what you're doing is part of the problem. If someone shows you, first hand, you will learn much faster than reading and asking here. From the responses here... You have to change a bunch of things.. Suddle... But a few. Rules of thumbs though... Don't use bass boosts. In your phone or hardware. Turn the gain down, work up - not the other way around. And having more power from the amp, than your sub is rated for, IS A GOOD THING - you just need to set the amp output properly.

Sent from my SM-G900W8 using Tapatalk

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.