Kicker All The Way

You either love them or hate them in my case there the ****.I would like to know who all on this forum loves kicker products wether it be there subs amps whatever.
I for one have had lots of different 15's for my car iv had Fosgate, MTX and even Alpine which were good but hands down kicker has them beat in pricing and quality specialy Fosgate because there so exspensive they have good sound quality and so does the alpine

What do you guys Think. //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/smile.gif.1ebc41e1811405b213edfc4622c41e27.gif

I think your a fanboy feggot //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/fyi.gif.9f1f679348da7204ce960cfc74bca8e0.gif

I personally have always liked kicker.....And Yes i hve ran more than just kicker, mmats, RE, FI, DD, IA.........If you want goood loud bass I dont care what brand woofer you think the bigger the box the lower and louder it will be to an extent bank on it....for street bass that is, for spl thats another story.........
But Right now ive got 4 L5 tens in a 6 cubic foot box tuned to 30ish......if ya tried abox that was optimal for these woofers people would definitely have different opinions for sure......

Also overrated? ive burped 7200 watts clamped on 3 L5 tens and they stay together burp after burp after burp.....i daily double the rms power right now with no issues ever.....

But hey opinions are like ******** everyones got one LOL//content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/biggrin.gif.d71a5d36fcbab170f2364c9f2e3946cb.gif
not true, i went to school with a girl who was born without an *******..

I LOVE NOOBS!!!!!

//content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/veryexcited.gif.c26a15f316d23068607f36ddacd7a7ab.gif:veryexci://content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/veryexcited.gif.c26a15f316d23068607f36ddacd7a7ab.gif:veryexci://content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/veryexcited.gif.c26a15f316d23068607f36ddacd7a7ab.gif

I LOVE NOOBS!!!!!//content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/veryexcited.gif.c26a15f316d23068607f36ddacd7a7ab.gif:veryexci://content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/veryexcited.gif.c26a15f316d23068607f36ddacd7a7ab.gif:veryexci://content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/veryexcited.gif.c26a15f316d23068607f36ddacd7a7ab.gif
I LOVE BOOBS!!!!!

I love these threads

Kicker/RF/JL/etc is awesome stuff...

WTF OMG GTFO NOOOOOO!!!!! "insert internet company name here" is the best and so much better than them, Kicker/RF/JL/etc is overpriced garbage and i read on here they sound like crap and the only people who get them are noobs, i run "insert internet company name here" and i have the loudest system in my town and its only 1 12" and a box I built cause thats what CA.com said do, i went to my local shop and i showed them up, they didnt know what hit them...Im going to youtube to comment my system is better than everyone elses

^^^because every "Internet brand" is better than everything else. You GTFO. I'm not saying they're bad, but Internet brands have a huge boner and a lot of people choose to ride it. You're saying your sub is better because you bought it online. That's awesome reasoning. Most of the quality comes from install, application, and proper, clean power.

Most of the quality comes from install, application, and proper, clean power.
You are confusing speaker quality with install quality.

Many 'internet' brands are better than many main stream brands because the internet brands tend to be from smaller companies who are quicker to implement new technology than are large corporation based companies. This is, of course, a generalization. There are good and bad companies/products from both categories.

You are confusing speaker quality with install quality.
Many 'internet' brands are better than many main stream brands because the internet brands tend to be from smaller companies who are quicker to implement new technology than are large corporation based companies. This is, of course, a generalization. There are good and bad companies/products from both categories.
Install definitely has a lot to do with how the speaker is going to perform. I don't believe I've confused anything at all. A shitty speaker can sound pretty good with proper and clean power and a properly designed enclosure. A great speaker can sound pretty shitty with clipped power and a poor enclosure. Install makes and/or breaks speakers. You are correct about there being good and bad brands from both categories. However, how many new technologies have there really been for speakers in the last few years? I don't believe there have been many. Maybe a glue change here or there and the infamous neodymium magnet. For the most part, speakers have stayed relatively the same with small design differences here and there.

Install definitely has a lot to do with how the speaker is going to perform. I don't believe I've confused anything at all. A shitty speaker can sound pretty good with proper and clean power and a properly designed enclosure. A great speaker can sound pretty shitty with clipped power and a poor enclosure. Install makes and/or breaks speakers. You are correct about there being good and bad brands from both categories. However, how many new technologies have there really been for speakers in the last few years? I don't believe there have been many. Maybe a glue change here or there and the infamous neodymium magnet. For the most part, speakers have stayed relatively the same with small design differences here and there.
Yes, you are confusing the two. The discussion has revolved around speaker tech, while you cite enclosure specifics and install variances. Criteria that are irrelevant to the topic: speaker tech. The discussion has been about speaker tech, and your comments are based on install quality. It simply doesnt take an expert in the field to see install quality is an outside factor to the topic. Signal degradation 'has a lot to do with how the speaker will perform'... does this mean in a discussion on speaker tech we should be discussing signal strength or clipped signal sources? No.
As for your your assessment of new technologies, BL optimization is one good example. A much more vast example of tech improvement than your example of glue advancements, which i suspect is a guess at best. JL Audio burst on to the scene with BL optimization in the form of several new patent warranted techs with the W7, while a small tiny internet company called Adire Audio simplified things with xbl^2. Several variations have sprung forth since, mostly adopted by... you guessed it, 'small internet companies'. JBL is the largest manufacturer Im aware of to embrace BL optimization (on GTi's), and its adoption was hardly ground breaking.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.