Kenwoods Top of the line HU for 2012

Participant count
  • Participant list
Not that impressive. Sounds like you need an app anyways which to me screams Bluetooth. Alot of headunits have bluetooth integration with Android. I know my few year old CDA-9887 does.

I have a Kenwood Excelon HU on the way, just order, most of the newer Kenwood's have Android Integration. You download an app and then plug it in USB to the headunit. It sounds pretty slick.

I have a Kenwood Excelon HU on the way, just order, most of the newer Kenwood's have Android Integration. You download an app and then plug it in USB to the headunit. It sounds pretty slick.
Thanks cool I've been searching for android integration but I never see it in the specs, its always IPod Ipod Ipod... lol

Still in the process of looking for my Hu not sure if i will wait for the 2012 line up or not. Have my eyes on the pioneer 4300 atm

Im always wondering about any product that hypes that they have crammed all the latest fads into it, but fail to talk about the actual features that are most important to performance.

Thanks cool I've been searching for android integration but I never see it in the specs, its always IPod Ipod Ipod... lolStill in the process of looking for my Hu not sure if i will wait for the 2012 line up or not. Have my eyes on the pioneer 4300 atm
Already said this but my Alpine 9887 can integrate with Android just fine. I can stream Pandora, Music, what ever right to it without stupid apps, plus have an iPod at the same time.

I understand that, but you said its required and then you plug in via USB. Why cant you just plug in via USB?
Not sure to be honest, I just ordered the HU yesterday, I think you can just plug it in but then it would just be used as a storage device. The app gives the HU control of the Android device similar to an ipod so you can have playlists, search by artists, song title, etc...

Thats how I understand it. Either way I don't mind having to download an app to use it.

Already said this but my Alpine 9887 can integrate with Android just fine. I can stream Pandora, Music, what ever right to it without stupid apps, plus have an iPod at the same time.
Well guess i will look into that HU as well :p

I would much rather do through USB then Bluetooth though, plus it will charge my Android. I guess I'm just a Kenwood CD Player fan //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/smile.gif.1ebc41e1811405b213edfc4622c41e27.gif I've never had a complaint about any of my Kenwoods.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.