Kenwood Radio install Ford Crown Victoria

Participant count
  • Participant list

Joseph Uphoff

CarAudio.com Newbie
Hello,

Pretty new when it comes to car radio's and don't know much about them at all. I bought my crown vic a couple years ago and it came with a crappy Kenwood Pandora radio with a USB port on it. Worked fine but the USB port started going out etc so I decided it was time for a replacement. I bought the  Kenwood KMM-BT322U for about $60. It seems like a solid value. I took the old radio out and started plugging stuff in according to the manual. When I got to the power cable is when I ran into trouble. The old power cable simply doesn't fit the new model and I have no idea where to get an adapter or even what type of adapter I'd need. If anyone knows how to fix this with an adapter or anything I'd be greatly appreciated. Photos attatched. The first photo is the power cable coming from inside of the car, the second is the cable that comes with the radio & what fits into the radio.

Power cable from car.jpeg

Power cable in radio.jpeg

The harness into the radio is unique to each radio.  Some companies have maintained the same plug over the years but most change it from time to time.  You'll have to cut the wires into the old harness and then solder or properly crimp to the new wires in the harness that came with the new radio.  This is typical when installing radios.

There are no adapters that take an aftermarket plug and mate it to a different aftermarket plug.  Manual wiring is required.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.