Kenwood KDC X-993

The Kenwood website is wrong...if you download the user manual for the -993 and -693, it has the true spec's.

Be thankful there's even that much info on the Kenwood site. In my quest for dual wheel head units, I of course went to Kenwood's site. It was so badly done, I wrote a nastygram to them. A day or three later, I get an e-mail thanking me for my feedback.

I figured it was just the standard blowoff....however, someone at Kenwood must either have been mad enough, or embarrassed enough, or maybe, both, that when I went there a couple days later, they actually started putting those sections in for each of their head units. If you look at the -X493 page, it even has a Specifications tab that the other two lack.

Sadly, they neither can manage to get the info correct, or still actually link to the F'ing manual on their manual tab. Using the Search on their manual tab brings up nothing, even though if you go to their Support section, the manual is plainly downloadable.

Their site before my nastygram: 2/10

Their site after my nastygram/now: 5/10

Chuck

our kenwood book we have at the shop begs to differ also...and i know the 493's have 4v outputs, i would doubt they wouldnt step down on higher end models

img0482xw3.jpg

img0483nz2.jpg

img0484wx0.jpg

but yea whoever runs kenwood's site should be back handed

our kenwood book we have at the shop begs to differ also...and i know the 493's have 4v outputs, i would doubt they wouldnt step down on higher end models
img0482xw3.jpg

img0483nz2.jpg

img0484wx0.jpg

but yea whoever runs kenwood's site should be back handed
ah well thank you. stupid ****ing kenwood...hmm. Now i have to choose again...9887 or 993...

@Macklessdaddy: With the extra's that the -X993 brings, does having the extra 1v that the -X991 brings really matter that much?

I'm not even a novice at this stuff...I'm seriously asking: Does the 1v difference between a 4v and 5v setup really matter that much? If the amp is getting the signal, isn't signal just signal?

Chuck

Well. I guess you could say that is neither here nor there. I believe what you can count on is one sweet ass deck. I know how good the X-990 is and it does have 5 volt preouts. The sound quality on these high end decks are just fantastic! I would agree with the above statements though. Kenwood could be more detailed on their website.

@Macklessdaddy: With the extra's that the -X993 brings, does having the extra 1v that the -X991 brings really matter that much?
I'm not even a novice at this stuff...I'm seriously asking: Does the 1v difference between a 4v and 5v setup really matter that much? If the amp is getting the signal, isn't signal just signal?

Chuck
Extras as in bluetooth and 5 line text?

Where did I mention anything about preout voltage?

Look at the991 and 993 and you can see they added more stuff to impress a novice and took away some audio oriented stuff,hell this might be crazy but I can tell just by the msrp of 350.00 that they dumbed this deck down.

@Macklessdaddy: The reason I said preout voltage is because that was the topic of discussion when you made your x991>x993 comment...so that's what I figured you were referring to.

Aside from the difference in preout voltage, what's been degraded in the x993 compared to the x991? Lesser DAC? Build Quality?

Chuck

@Macklessdaddy: The reason I said preout voltage is because that was the topic of discussion when you made your x991>x993 comment...so that's what I figured you were referring to.
Aside from the difference in preout voltage, what's been degraded in the x993 compared to the x991? Lesser DAC? Build Quality?

Chuck
'

It stepped down from a 4 band peq to 3 ,it has t/A but I bet it doesn't have 5 ch t/a and I'm pretty sure when all the specs are released that head to head the 991 is better

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.