HU high pitch whine

Participant count
  • Participant list

csu87
10+ year member

CarAudio.com Veteran
I have a Jensen in dash touchsreen dvd and nav system in my car. its the kind with the screen that flips out. When the screen is out and on, there is a high pitch noise that gets louder as the engine revs. the sound is coming from the speakers. when the screen is in, there is no noise.

anyone know what could be causing this?

bad ground or burnt pico fuse
That's what I had originally thought but wouldn't that make the noise all the time and not just when the screen is on? I also have it so that I can watch movies while the car is moving; the parking brake wire is connected to the ground. Could that be what's making the noise?

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

Similar threads

Decibels are a measurement how loud something is...it's not the frequency of hearing...
Unfortunately barly someone does these things in my country, and the ones that do, makes it so expensive to test it or even fix it that testing it...
With the new info that factory amp is still connected, Coolhand20th's original assesment may be right. Radio may be causing the noise. I would...
You are clipping at the HU, and as stated.. will eventually damage the HU if continued. sounds like you need a little more power as stated. A 2 ch...
Use two sets of RCAs. One set for the Front channels and the other for Sub Output and into Rear Input on the amp. Turn off the Rear Filter on the...

About this thread

csu87

10+ year member
CarAudio.com Veteran
csu87
C Springs, CO
Start date
Participants
Who Replied
Replies
Views
Last reply date