Kenwood KDC X-993

I Choose the X890 because of the voice indexing it has in conjunction with PhatNoise.

Still A great unit, but the voice indexing is a killer app. To bad they didnt find someone else to carry on with that technology.

Those new ones look nice, but can they dl wallpapers and screensavers like the x890?

'It stepped down from a 4 band peq to 3 ,it has t/A but I bet it doesn't have 5 ch t/a and I'm pretty sure when all the specs are released that head to head the 991 is better
Interesting that they'd do that. One would think that after you have the hardware and firmware developed, you'd at minimum bring that level of performance forward...backscaling on features on your top deck for the year (which the X99? is each year) doesn't seem to be too smart.

Thread Viewers

As far as the Kenwood USA website, it looks like they're still doing work on it. They've cleaned up the KDC-X993 and KDC-X693 pages - the specs are actually correct now for Preout voltages. Looks like they removed the non-working Manual tab...why they did that, no clue. Their manuals are linkable. All they had to do was edit their Manual tab to link to the actual .pdf manual they already have uploaded to the site. Either Kenwood's website folks are F'ing retarded, or, they've got someone without the resources and direction they need maintaining that website.

I sent them a link to the motherboard manufacturer Gigabyte on how their product pages are laid out...seriously, how hard is it to just template of that????

Chuck

lol please post if you like it/what happens...

if all goes according to that ebay page, ill order one too haha
I put in a KDC-HD942u on thursday and I LOVE it, this deck is essentially the same but with bluetooth built in, and excelon status. I am 99% sure I am going to love it more than the 942u.. I would say if you are interested, go ahead and snag one because you'll love it.

Monday...nice.
I might have to pick one up..
I would //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/smile.gif.1ebc41e1811405b213edfc4622c41e27.gif

Quit buying it off the internet. Go to a dealer and buy it from them. Support the dealer, he will give you all the info you need. If you don't support them, car audio may go away. The 993 is already shipping and it has higher RCA voltage. 4 volt out and a better EQ.

Quit buying it off the internet. Go to a dealer and buy it from them. Support the dealer, he will give you all the info you need. If you don't support them, car audio may go away. The 993 is already shipping and it has higher RCA voltage. 4 volt out and a better EQ.
The pre-outs are both 4 v, the eq is the same. 3 band PEQ, I won't support local dealers until they know enough about the product.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.