Kenwood excelsior KDC-X704 wiring issues

Participant count
  • Participant list

Roosternugget

CarAudio.com Newbie
Texas
I decided to wire my old kenwood into an older suburban, after having a few hiccups, I finally get the radio on, but the only thing it does is say “miswiring, check wiring, then power on” could it say that because I didn’t plug in the antenna cable? Or did I mess something up? Tomorrow I’m gonna check the fuse in the radio, the remote cable (might just wire it to the cig lighter or direct to the battery) or my ground (wired to the original ground in the truck) any other suggestions? That would really be helpful

Your remote wire is a turn on switch for your amps
If you don't have any amps running then you don't need to hook it up
You most certainly should not hook up a remote wire that puts out power to a cig lighter that also puts out power and for the love of god don't wire it to the battery.
If the deck is powering on then the fuse is fine.
I would definitely go over your wiring and make sure it's right

Your remote wire is a turn on switch for your amps
If you don't have any amps running then you don't need to hook it up
You most certainly should not hook up a remote wire that puts out power to a cig lighter that also puts out power and for the love of god don't wire it to the battery.
If the deck is powering on then the fuse is fine.
I would definitely go over your wiring and make sure it's right
I hooked the constant power to the big yellow wire, hooked the switch to the red wire (on the harness) still the same issue. Here’s what I’m working with now.
C = constant
S = switch
SP = Speaker wire

EDIT: the yellow wire fell out of my harness, could that possibly be it? As you can already tell, I usually get the clip on harnesses

Attachments

• 339DF54F-BFD3-4110-9505-23A4206017D3.jpeg
    339DF54F-BFD3-4110-9505-23A4206017D3.jpeg
    722.2 KB · Views: 208
Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...