Kenwood amplifiers

Is there any way to know if an amp is over or underrated? Does somebody have to test it to know that and are all the amps with the same model name the same power or does it vary?

Is there any way to know if an amp is over or underrated? Does somebody have to test it to know that and are all the amps with the same model name the same power or does it vary?
Bench testing is a way to find out how much the amp draws and then you can find out the wattage.

I had a kenwood before and it only put out half of what it said.

There are plenty of choices for amps to choos in your price range that will put out over a 1,000w at 1 ohm. Take a look around the classifieds. I have one for sale for $240 shipped but it's geared more for spl.

Bench testing is a way to find out how much the amp draws and then you can find out the wattage.
I had a kenwood before and it only put out half of what it said.

There are plenty of choices for amps to choos in your price range that will put out over a 1,000w at 1 ohm. Take a look around the classifieds. I have one for sale for $240 shipped but it's geared more for spl.
What amp is that? And why does it matter if it's geared more for spl? My w6v2 hits pretty hard if ya ask me...

It's an atomic amp. The only reason I think it's geared towards spl is because that's what they build. They build alot of championship subs and win lots of compititions.

1500 watts at 1 ohm.

Oh and there better than hifonics, trust me.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.