Kenwood amplifiers

chris96camaro
10+ year member

Foreign and Domestic
I was looking on ebay for an amp and came across the Kenwood KAC-9152D, it is rated at 900 watts rms @2ohms and 1ohm. Are their amps typically good about coming close to their rated power? I have an old kac-929 powering my 12w6v2 and have never had a problem with overheating or anything. Do you think this would be a good choice?

that the best for 2 12w6v2's? in your opinion of course

Its a great amp, and within your budget. ($350) Actually, you can build a package, and save 15%, so you can get the 9.1 and 60 sq ft of deadening for $348. The amp is underrated, well built, and comes with a three year warranty, which is fully transferable if you decide to sell it.

that the best for 2 12w6v2's? in your opinion of course
If the Kenwood is within your budget, go with it they are good amps, and you are saying you have one already working strong so YOU know they are good. //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/thumbsupwink.gif.129404938effda6ad9cca39e7f4b58a3.gif

//content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/idea.gif.5acb6a39a9b92425414c316dda202bad.gif You can't go wrong with any amp from Crossfire, DEI, Viper, Kicker, MTX, etc

I had an Excelon amp a few years back, it was rated at 1600@ 1 ohm max power. It hit rally hard but I could never keep it from going into protect. The shop that installe it said they could never get one to run at 1 ohm. Maybe they have fixed that by now. I was going to go with an all Kenwood Excelon system but that changed now but I stll like their HU

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.