Keep smoking my C3's. Help

Participant count
  • Participant list
2 DVC 4 ohm subs wired in series would get down to 1 ohm correct? You're probably clipping the shlt out of them. How are you setting the gains and everything on your amp?

It can come down to several things, my first guess is its quite possible the enclosure is incorrect for them, and causing them to reach they're mechanical limits early. This problem can cause early distortion, bottoming out, and decreased power handling. Your tuning on your amp, What is your box tuned at? you could be playing frequencies beyond the enclosures tuning, causing the same issues i listed above. To blow a speaker, you have to be abusing them, if everything is installed correctly and the gains are set properly, these things wont happen unless the equipment is defective. But you ssaid this is your second set, so there is an issue somewhere in what I listed above.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.