can an amp cause engine whine?

ladysmanfelpz
10+ year member

Phoenix
So i have my rca's and power cables on opposite sides and have a good short ground, but think i blew my pos pawn shop amp. Can this be causing my engine whine? the higher the gain is the worse the whine. will a new amp fix this? what about a ground loop isolator? Ive tried everything and took it to a couple shops and they both thought it was the amp, but im on a budget and don't want to throw down money for a new amp and still have the same whine

I got the same problem but never blew a amp I also am running a isolater on each amp and I only have two. Before I had 6 amps in my Tahoe n had no feed back. I'm beginning to think its my alt. but I never had it before with just the one amp. That's a good question.

I got the same problem but never blew a amp I also am running a isolater on each amp and I only have two. Before I had 6 amps in my Tahoe n had no feed back. I'm beginning to think its my alt. but I never had it before with just the one amp. That's a good question.
you having this problem with the kicker amp

Sounds like your alt is straining to keep up with the system because you are asking for it to do too much. Do you have your big 3 done and all that?

If that was the case why didn't it do it before with just the t1500-1?
it hard to here whine thur subs/lpf for you to here it in your sub you will of have to turn frequency on high to here it. try the ground loop isolator on the four rca for the highs amp try it at the headunit if that don't work try it at the amp if neither of does work ground the rca out if the whine goes away or lesser down you blow the rca ground and will need to fix or replace radio or you could of mess your ground in amp up to if you have another highs amp i check that two everything i said are the causes to your problem via you having good rca and its ran away from power

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.