keep going through 100A MAXI fuses

bobo244
10+ year member

CarAudio.com Elite
I am running an opti2000d at .67 ohms, and its got a 100A fuse inline from the 2nd battery to the amp, when i have it loud for an extended time, it blows the fuse. its done it twice.

I know the amps that it pulls is more than 100, which is the reason they are blowing. but what can I do to to prevent blowing the fuses.

I have a 1in 4out dblock and I have an extra slot, So i was thinking a bridging 2 out of the dblock, into one input in the amp. That way I would be using 2 100a fuses. would that work correctly?

use a different fuse holder or run power wires how you said to use 200a.

I really dont feel like spending 50 bukcs on a new dblock and some fuses and all that other ****.

Whats the best way to bridge 2 4gauge wires into 1?????

yeah, definitly dont sauter the wires...and I wouldnt suggest soldering them either.

You're probably better off just doing it the right way.

Knukoncepts has pretty good prices on that stuff.

dblock lol or you can sauter them together (i dont reccomend that)

yea im not really too expirenced in sautering..... but when it comes to soldering, thats a whole different story......

anyone know where to get big maxi fuses?

MAXI only go up to 100a. You can find a 120a on a rare occasion.

I would upgrade to either ANL (HUGE) or a KF/AFS series (also known as mini ANL). the KF's go from 50a up to 150a.

Maxi fuse thermal limit is 100A, you might find one rated higher, but I would be leary how accurate that rating may be. ANL fuses are easily found up to 300A and the new MIDI / Mini ANL / AFC / AFS ...same fuse size depending on manufacture are stable to 150A and you can get Fuse Blocks for under $20, inline holders even less.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.