JVC KW-R910BT Issue

bobjohndave

CarAudio.com Newbie
I'm looking for input on an issue I'm having with a JVC KW-R910BT head unit. I had a CD in the disc drive and received an Eject Disc message on the HUD when I started up my truck a few mornings ago. I ejected the disc and promptly tried loading it again to see if the disc was just misread, but the head unit made a grinding noise and rejected the disc. It's also of note that CD is no longer selectable as an option when you cycle through the audio options. Strangely enough, the volume knob no longer works either following this incident. Turning the knob not only doesn't change the volume, but there's no indication on the unit's display that it recognizes that you're trying to increase or decrease the volume. The volume knob also functions as a means to cycle through menus and there's no response there either. The unit is receiving power, all other buttons function normally and it will connect to Bluetooth devices, but it just won't accept CD's or respond to input via the volume knob. I've checked the fuses and wiring, which appear intact. I've also tried factory resetting the unit and pulling the negative battery cable to see if it would at least clear up the volume knob issue, but no such luck. I haven't dismantled the unit to inspect the condition on the inside, but I figure I might try that when I get a free weekend. The unit was already installed in the car I'm currently driving when I bought it last year, so I'm not sure how long it's been in use. Any ideas in terms of further troubleshooting or is it more than likely toast? I'm just looking to exhaust any possibilities before I junk it and buy a replacement. Thanks!

Did you figure this out? Having the same issue.
This reminds me of one of the things I dislike about Kenwood/JVC. I have ran accross quite a few that have that disfunctional volume/menu feature. I think the issue is that there are so many menu options that run through the volume knob. Alot of those are confusing, causing you to cycle through the options several times over and leading to heavy use of said knob. I think it may be the knob or it's solder points that are the issue in most cases.

As Cheap as HUs are these days. Id Opt out and just Buy a New one with a warranty. You can find one under $200 bucks with all the Bells and Whistles now days. If the Firmware Update doesnt work... Thats my Choice

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...